Egbunu Out For season – Torn ACL

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We are no doubt the most cursed team in the history of sports. Can't go 1 year without having a major player miss the season with an injury

And Egbunu was out at the end of last year too. Probably would have won the NIT with him.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I also would like to add that I feel awful for Eggy, this is a horrible injury to suffer. He was playing really well too, so I can't imagine he took the news very well. Heart goes out to the young man.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We have 3 C/PFs out. Hopefully White figures out a gameplan that keeps out defense playing well and offense scoring. Hayes better get his game together and stop fouling...and man up

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We have 3 C/PFs out. Hopefully White figures out a gameplan that keeps out defense playing well and offense scoring. Hayes better get his game together and stop fouling...and man up

Hayes responded well when Egbunu was out last year. I think he'll rise to the occasion. It's the bench I am concerned about now.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We can't rely on Rimmer. I'd rather go small with Stone at the 5 than Rimmer in there to be honest.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hayes responded well when Egbunu was out last year. I think he'll rise to the occasion. It's the bench I am concerned about now.
Agree hopefully he does. But to beat good teams we needed Egbunu. Hayes is too small to guard some post players and gets pushed around to easy 1 on 1

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking for suicide advice here. Any of you guys have any experience? What's the best way to go? Pills or hanging?

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Again we are jinxed. We have a very good team but only when everyone is healthy. I guess we are now good but he will be missed.:cry2:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You don't even like our basketball team so shutty. Also, my post had no bearing on his diagnosis :bananawave:
giphy.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is me and nv can finally get back to complaining when we start losing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you want to blame somebody for a jinx... here you go!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Move Robinson to the 4 slot... keep Barry at the 3 and Leon becomes backup C?

Just thinking through ideas... I'd hate to take Leon off the floor because his ability to shoot is so valuable.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Leon & Stone have to learn to avoid the stupid fouls. Depth won't allow it any longer.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I hate this for the player and the team. It is hard to say how it will effect them mentally, but from a personell standpoint, it will hurt more on the defensive end and in rebounding. However offensively, it should increase Mike's need to create much more movement on offense. Even with Hayes resting, they are long enough to get into the paint, yet agile enough to be in constant motion on offense. I actually like Rimmer in small doses, b/c he knows where he is supposed to be and what his responsibilities are. I am in no way saying this is a positive for the team, it is not, but there is enough out there, especially offensively to be more than competitive. It does take away a rim protector so defensively the team is going to have to be much more disciplined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator