Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure this really helps...

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
We can't rely on Rimmer. I'd rather go small with Stone at the 5 than Rimmer in there to be honest.
I remember losing Yeguette back in 2012 and Donovan moving Bradley Beal in his spot. Hope it works if White decides to go with Stone or switch to a 4 guard(smaller) lineup.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking for suicide advice here. Any of you guys have any experience? What's the best way to go? Pills or hanging?

I'll just pass on my psychiatrist's advice : "No! Let me!"

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Had a really bad feeling as soon as I saw the replay of his injury last night. Sucks something awful, but it's a great chance for Hayes to step up and become a man.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The equal hurt will be to our depth, yielding a tiring out at defensive intensity.
I told Rimmer he'd better have an epiphany.
He asked, "Is that where the femur goes into the hip-socket?" ... I think he's in Pre-Med?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just checking back in to let everybody know that this still sucks. Carry on.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well:

1. This is terrible for Egbunu whose season ends in a surgery two years in a row.

2. If UF was to lose a player, it was best that it was at the center spot where UF had 4, now 3, players.

3. It is not ideal that Gak is also hurt for a few games.

4. If you lose a starter and have one of his back ups also injured for a while rather than respond with racism, you should count your lucky stars you have 6'10" 245 lbs guy who was good enough to be signed to a power 5 conference scholarship at a good program and excellent school and chose to leave after a year to transfer back to your school because like you claim about yourself he is a fan of the school.

5. Rimmer is a solid defender, can grab a rebound and has a decent shot. He should maybe be coached to take the five foot shot rather than take the ball to the rim. He made need to play a bit more like Hayes last year, picking up garbage points, defending and rebounding. Rimmer will be outclassed in terms of athleticism, but he can make up for that with smart play.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking for suicide advice here. Any of you guys have any experience? What's the best way to go? Pills or hanging?
Too much can go wrong with those 2 methods. Thy this - but make sure you're up high enough.
funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So very sorry for what's happened to this young man. My wish for him is speedy rehab that makes him into a total beast of a big man for his next Gator season, ASAP.

Seriously, we must get Rimmer better contact-lenses. Let's pray that with Rim's knowing how more crucial he is to his buddies that he will up his play. And surely, all the time he's had "almost-making" the team, he can improve. Stone will improve & increase his contribution, I believe he has more to give. Then gotta wish Hester comes in as a sure-fire 3-machine. From here on our "old stars" have to unfalteringly shine, along with new stars rising earlier than scheduled.

Rick Barry is part owner of a basketball shoe company (medically & physics-based design) shown to cut down on the # of ankle injuries. Are we using them already? Surely, Canyon is using them.

White's gotta get us a big 240+ lb center for next year. Boy, college basketball teams are too thin in #. Gotta have a rule change.?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The biggest drop will be defensively. Egbunu made our defense work due to his size, weight, and ability to block shots.
Hayes is more of a help defender and Rimmer probably couldn't block Chiozza in the post.

I just hope Rimmer steps up his offense as well. He can make FTs (might be his best asset) and seems to know where to be, but he has to stop getting his shot blocked by everyone...including 4'9" guards on D2 teams lol

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can Canyon up his pts/minutes towards that 30 he got vs Auburn? We now certainly cannot survive cold shooting ... not even short spells of it.? One thing, this will certainly make this a better team for next year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
He's not tall (6'8"), but Stokes is around 280 pounds.
http://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Stokes-39080
Gonna need him at PF next year for sure

Really makes me wonder if Egbunu will come back next season and be able to play...come back but take a medical redshirt assuming a 12 month recovery and play his last year in 2018....or just go pro (probably Europe) and get better and hope for a FA contract after a full year healthy. I personally hope he gets better ahead of chedule and comes back by the beginning of next year (better than ever). The money is probably on option 2 though

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
A real bummer for him and the team. And yes, we are going to need Rimmer, just the way it is. He's a big body with fouls to give. Guess we're going to find out just how well White can coach down the stretch.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Rimmer probably couldn't block Chiozza in the post.

I just hope Rimmer steps up his offense as well. He can make FTs (might be his best asset) and seems to know where to be, but he has to stop getting his shot blocked by everyone...including 4'9" guards on D2 teams lol

This is embarrassingly pathetic. And you call yourself a fan of UF basketball. It is particularly pathetic given your signon.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Really makes me wonder if Egbunu will come back next season and be able to play...come back but take a medical redshirt assuming a 12 month recovery and play his last year in 2018....or just go pro (probably Europe) and get better and hope for a FA contract after a full year healthy. I personally hope he gets better ahead of chedule and comes back by the beginning of next year (better than ever). The money is probably on option 2 though
Bu's gone - at least I would think so. Though he won't get drafted. But why wait around a whole year to see if you can even play the last 2 months of next season, or then wait until the 2018-2019 season to play?
IMO
tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Egbunu has already burned is redshirt while transfering. This is an unfortunate injury for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator