Eight greatest SEC football stars ever

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Wow, just wow. Is this a gator board or not? This is a complete no brainer. Revisionist history is a terrible thing. Any discussion about the greatest college football players always begins with who's #2 after Tebow. Herschel? Seriously? And Peyton doesn't even get an honorable mention.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Newton and Manziel make the list bogus....

I agree.

How can you possibly include a guy that played one season?

How can the list only include three players from the first 80 years of conference play and none from the first 60 years?

This is beyond stupid

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So a guy with one SEC Championship and zero National Titles is first, who went 0-4 (did play [not start] in the 31-0 in Knoxville) against us. And Newton and Manziel also on the list. Bias list is bias. Did this guy even know their was football before the 80's.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Putting Peyton on there means Emmitt is #1 if you count the NFL. But the real list begins with Herschel and Timmy. After that pick em. I put Danny over Peyton just compare the rings and hardware, even the stats. Rex was robbed of his Heisman and probably has a national title if the God's had cooperated.

Agree the top two are Walker and Tebow. But once you are there it has to be Tebow because he brought so much more to each game as the QB.

If you are looking for “star” power which I guess includes college and pro then IMO it’s Emmitt #1

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't think Manning belongs either. He always gets the lifetime achievement status, but he lost every single game to Florida. I'd probably replace him with Lee Roy Jordan or possibly Cornelius Bennett. Even Spurrier.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
My top 8 SEC players, in no patticular order: Tebow, Wuerffel, Emmitt, Wilbur, Youngblood, SOS, Billy Cannon, Herschel

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It should not include anything they did in the NFL. I don't know all the great players of the past so going back too far means I have no idea.

Tim would seem to be number one by both football and impact on society while he was a player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator