Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hearing it is Lisfranc injury and jeopordizes his season. Horrible news if true

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That would be a huge loss. Our guard play isn't looking so sharp...Eli a definite scoring threat. Hoping it is not that serious.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah Elii is our best scorer by far. Not to be a Debbie downer but if he is out like it sounds I'm already looking towards next year. If we get back who we are expected to, we will be STACKED. Not giving up all hope but it ain't looking good.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's a huge loss. We don't have anyone other than Frazier capable of scoring

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We need Robinson to figure it out, and fast that and Hill needs to get his head out of the clouds.

So far we have lost- Walker for the season, Francis for the season, DFS for a stretch, and Eli for potentially the season. Can't seem to catch a break!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That would be a huge loss to this team. Puts far too much pressure on Frazier.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n113066 said:
We need Robinson to figure it out, and fast that and Hill needs to get his head out of the clouds.

So far we have lost- Walker for the season, Francis for the season, DFS for a stretch, and Eli for potentially the season. Can't seem to catch a break!

What do you mean "we lost Walker for the season"?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, Chizzoa is a scorer. I think we'll be okay when he grows into that role over the next couple games.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Devon not Chris. Seems like Billy always catches bad luck early on. Hoping Carter will be ok.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we give him the medical help he needs and we can part ways after the season. No need to keep mr glass on scholarship

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n113207 said:
What do you mean "we lost Walker for the season"?

Yeah, I meant Devon not Chris, my bad.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Big hit if he is lost for the season. As already said we are hurting on scorers.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n113227 said:
Hopefully we give him the medical help he needs and we can part ways after the season. No need to keep mr glass on scholarship

:shake:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Cmon t gator you're better than that. Breaking a leg isn't considered being "glass", that's a freak accident. Guy is arguably our most talented player so I hope he gets better and comes back strong

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are in big trouble probably if even one of them is out an extended period of time. We are snake bit so far this season.

"For the second straight game, Florida point guard Kasey Hill struggled, going 2-of-12 from the floor with eight points, two assists and five turnovers. Hill is 3-of-21 from the field over his last two games.

"I've got to find a way to help Kasey Hill," Donovan said. "I think he's 3-for-24 from the field for the year. Our bigs didn't do a great job helping him. He's got to make better choices and better decisions."

Carter suffered the foot injury on Thursday in practice. X-rays came back negative, but trainers fear that Carter could still have a Lisfranc injury, which could sideline the transfer from Rutgers a significant period of time. Carter will have an MRI done to determine whether it's a Lisfranc injury or a mid-foot sprain, which would sideline him 8-10 days.

Florida junior forward Dorian Finney-Smith sat out his second straight game with a broken hand and was not in the building Friday night because Donovan wanted him to focus on his academics. Asked if academics could sideline Finney-Smith for the rest of the semester, Donovan replied: "to be determined."

Donovan said the current squad of six scholarship players and four walk-ons "is the team we'll take to The Bahamas." Florida plays its first game at Paradise Island on Wednesday night (9:30 p.m. tip) against Georgetown. Walker, in his season debut, had four points, six rebounds and one blocked shot in 26 minutes."

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n113325 said:
Might be a long weekend in the Bahamas.

Georgetown isn't what they usually are but I doubt we beat them with that lineup and then we go to Kansas. I think we may not get the OOC resume we need to get in if we don't get those players back asap. The SEC looks to be KY and Arkansas mostly besides us. They claim LSU has a lot of talent but they aren't playing good right now. It is going to be a rough time trying to get in.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Without our 2 best players for a huge chunk it might be a long season. Still I love Gator bball.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think we can steal a win from Georgetown

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something I noticed about Carter is that he appears to have an attitude. Not sure if it's just the limited exposure due to injury or not. He just hasn't come off like a team guy to me.

I agree about Hill so far. Even if he can't the 3, he has to develop a medium range jumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.