Elijah Blades snubs Gators, decommits

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So the guy that everyone knew would defcommit finally decommits after publically saying he was 85% Gator yesterday and were surprised? Place needs to lay off the x

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So the guy that everyone knew would defcommit finally decommits after publically saying he was 85% Gator yesterday and were surprised? Place needs to lay off the x
Who is surprised? Do you really think this shouldn't be a thread?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I said before he even committed that he would be a long shot, especially when he was planning to take visits, even after announcing. The likelihood of a good staff landing a kid from all the way across the country is thin as it is. Factoring in these coaches, the fact that we had plenty of time for the initial shine to wear off, and his taking visits to places like Neb and Usc, and there was almost no shot. But once again, we've put our eggs in a basket and failed to realize what was right in front of us. And just like last year, gladly stood by while commits visited other places in the days and weeks leading up to NSD instead of reclosing the prospect on UF. Nice job, once again, Mac.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said before he even committed that he would be a long shot, especially when he was planning to take visits, even after announcing. The likelihood of a good staff landing a kid from all the way across the country is thin as it is. Factoring in these coaches, the fact that we had plenty of time for the initial shine to wear off, and his taking visits to places like Neb and Usc, and there was almost no shot. But once again, we've put our eggs in a basket and failed to realize what was right in front of us. And just like last year, gladly stood by while commits visited other places in the days and weeks leading up to NSD instead of reclosing the prospect on UF. Nice job, once again, Mac.

It hurts me to see you talking like this. What's happening to us?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It hurts me to see you talking like this. What's happening to us?

Combination of a lot of things. As I've posted before, for the most inexplicable reason, we decided to throw away an entire 20 year identity in 2009 to try to be somebody else. In our quest, we've intentionally caused an minimum a lost decade, and at max, are staring at a ut-esque 15-20 years of dysfunction and stagnation. Not sure what the answer is from here, but there's no easy way out, imo.

For someone who grew up in the 80s and then 90s, actually witnessing a rise to greatness, it boggles my mind. Tougher still is trying to explain to your 8 year old that UF was once a great program, when he's never seen anything resembling that during his lifetime.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Combination of a lot of things. As I've posted before, for the most inexplicable reason, we decided to throw away an entire 20 year identity in 2009 to try to be somebody else. In our quest, we've intentionally caused an minimum a lost decade, and at max, are staring at a ut-esque 15-20 years of dysfunction and stagnation. Not sure what the answer is from here, but there's no easy way out, imo.

For someone who grew up in the 80s and then 90s, actually witnessing a rise to greatness, it boggles my mind. Tougher still is trying to explain to your 8 year old that UF was once a great program, when he's never seen anything resembling that during his lifetime.

It's painful to see.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's painful to see.

Ehh, life could be much worse. I'm happy to have been alive to see the accomplishments. Now I just look to other aspects of life much more. It's apathy, and that goes directly against my passion driven nature, but what can you do. I'm not going to have an aneurysm because a grown adult refuses to use Crest white strips and is willing to take down an entire program because of it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to have an aneurysm because a grown adult refuses to use Crest white strips and is willing to take down an entire program because of it.

Damn, you are bitter. :lol: But I get it...

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's not that some high school prima dona decided against coming here that's the problem, of course, it's just the downward spiral the program has been taking collectively. It's been cheap out all the way, like we are poverty stricken. When you couple that with ineptitude in the coaching staff you have a :trainwreck: (I love that emoticon).

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Anyone else feel the entire college football world is laughing at UF right now?

I expect even more decommitments, we're like a skunk, everyone is running away.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If he's allowed to stay a 4th year, the next HC will have a massive rebuild on his hands. This is a complete disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb