Elijah Blades snubs Gators, decommits

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
If he's allowed to stay a 4th year, the next HC will have a massive rebuild on his hands. This is a complete disaster.

I really think its going to take someone special to turn this around, get us back to where we need to be. I firmly believe PJ Fleck would be that guy. He could turn around this sinking ship.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We have no choice but to break the bank for a home-run hire or we'll end up the next Colorado or Nebraska, stuck in mediocrity or worse for 20+ years.

It shouldn't be possible with our fertile recruiting grounds but somehow we've pulled it off.

Gatorsko

Nov 6, 2016
The Florida Gators football brand is ****. Spurrier spent over a decade building the brand. Flashy, swag, fast, innovative...
Ever since Tebow got his ass whipped by Saban in the SEC championship, the admin been trying to convert Florida football into that slow, overpowering, machine like Alabama football program. We sold our freaking souls. We have a fake identity. We are frauds and high school coaches and recruits can see right through it.

If I was the new AD... I'd fire Mac right now... Throw 8 mil at chip Kelly. Disassociate the program from anything Alabama.

Alabama is our enemy, not our daddy.

We need a fresh start. New blood. Exactly what Urban brought to the program. Mac gotta go.

Sorry for the rant.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
The Florida Gators football brand is ****. Spurrier spent over a decade building the brand. Flashy, swag, fast, innovative...
Ever since Tebow got his ass whipped by Saban in the SEC championship, the admin been trying to convert Florida football into that slow, overpowering, machine like Alabama football program. We sold our freaking souls. We have a fake identity. We are frauds and high school coaches and recruits can see right through it.

If I was the new AD... I'd fire Mac right now... Throw 8 mil at chip Kelly. Disassociate the program from anything Alabama.

We need a fresh start. New blood. Exactly what Urban brought to the program. Mac gotta go.

Sorry for the rant.

When I rant, this is usually how it goes. I agree with the thinking that we shouldn't have to model our program to become like another school (Alabama) to be successful. Although, I believe Mac is honestly trying to revive our passing game, but he's doing it with duds so far. It would be such a blessing if Franks turns out to be a half way decent QB. We were so close to having Eason it makes me sick. But good rant!

Gatorsko

Nov 6, 2016
When I rant, this is usually how it goes. I agree with the thinking that we shouldn't have to model our program to become like another school (Alabama) to be successful. Although, I believe Mac is honestly trying to revive our passing game, but he's doing it with duds so far. It would be such a blessing if Franks turns out to be a half way decent QB. We were so close to having Eason it makes me sick. But good rant!
Well done. Your positive rant offsets my negative rant.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Ok, Kelly likely isnt coming here....who is the next home run hire?

That's the thing. There just isn't the up and coming Urban Meyer at a MWC or even Justin Fuente from Memphis. I wasn't really impressed with Tom Herman but he was the only one with intrigue. Look at LSU. ...Coach O, really? Were they drunk? They'll be feeling that one when (if) they sober up. There's no one out there that's going to create that spark unless it's Kelly with a huge staff..

Gatorsko

Nov 6, 2016
We have no choice but to break the bank for a home-run hire or we'll end up the next Colorado or Nebraska, stuck in mediocrity or worse for 20+ years.

It shouldn't be possible with our fertile recruiting grounds but somehow we've pulled it off.
I couldn't agree with you more. Mac is at minimum a good coach. But Foley's idea of becoming Alabama, without fully committing to the program like Alabama does, was insane. Mac isn't built for the state of Florida. You can't drag your feet around here.

I'm positive that 8-10 mil would get Chip Kelly down here.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Sorry for the rant.

Foley's obsession to try to copy Bama has been our downfall. Instead of finding our own image he tried to copy the original.

He failed.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Foley's obsession to try to copy Bama has been our downfall. Instead of finding our own image he tried to copy the original.

He failed.

If Foley was really trying to copy Bama he would have a kickass stand alone facility built and a ton of support staff.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Foley was really trying to copy Bama he would have a kickass stand alone facility built and a ton of support staff.

He's hired back to back Sabanites for coaches...how is that not trying to copy?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's hired back to back Sabanites for coaches...how is that not trying to copy?

I guess my point was he clearly is doing a bad job of really copying them... or "was" It isn't just about coaches

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I guess my point was he clearly is doing a bad job of really copying them... or "was" It isn't just about coaches

Not sure. All I can say is that he's made some poor choices and it is no coincidence they were both former Saban guys.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I couldn't agree with you more. Mac is at minimum a good coach. But Foley's idea of becoming Alabama, without fully committing to the program like Alabama does, was insane. Mac isn't built for the state of Florida. You can't drag your feet around here.

I'm positive that 8-10 mil would get Chip Kelly down here.

Oh I'm sure it would lure Kelly, we've shown we'll never spend that kind of $$ for a coach. Then you have to go out and get him a staff on top of that, all this after buying out Mac and his staff. More than likely we'll go the mid major route again and be sorely disappointed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was actually our position in 2014, but luckily Fooley wasn't aware of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator