Elijah Blades snubs Gators, decommits

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Nobody is running this show right before NSD. The house is falling apart. The whole damn country is jabbering about our recruiting f-ups. What is Mac thinking? What is Mac's IQ?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reading what he put out on twitter...

I have to say if he can qualify after a year or two in JUCO; he will be a gator IMO
Depends on the terms to which he decommitted. If it was only because he was mislead by Nebraska into believing he could qualify there, then if he gets his grades up, it is possible.
I'm just not sure he gets his grades up, even if he was close. He was close for Nebraska, could be wrong but I am pretty sure we have higher standards.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Some items in the article that jumped out at me:
  • Elijah Blades, a 4-star cornerback in the 2017 class, will not be reporting to Nebraska
  • Blades has not reported to Nebraska this summer due to academic-eligibility issues
  • Blades told HuskersOnline he doubted he would really fit at Nebraska
  • 247sports rated Blades the No. 3 corner in the 2017 class
  • Nebraska’s 2017 recruiting class now no longer has any corners
It sucks to be Nebraska.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So he flips after 6 months of being a UF verbal. Now he doesn't think nebraska is a good fit? I'm shocked. I would guess he'll try for usc or ucla.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Somehow an expected action means our entire program is destroyed? A fourth year no matter how we play or what happens is a total rebuild?

Now I am rarely satisfied, and this is no exception, but an overly emotional response to one expected actions seems excessive to me.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Some items in the article that jumped out at me:
  • Elijah Blades, a 4-star cornerback in the 2017 class, will not be reporting to Nebraska
  • Blades has not reported to Nebraska this summer due to academic-eligibility issues
  • Blades told HuskersOnline he doubted he would really fit at Nebraska
  • 247sports rated Blades the No. 3 corner in the 2017 class
  • Nebraska’s 2017 recruiting class now no longer has any corners
It sucks to be Nebraska.

If he had academic issues at Nebraska would he not have the same at UF?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Depends on the terms to which he decommitted. If it was only because he was mislead by Nebraska into believing he could qualify there, then if he gets his grades up, it is possible.
I'm just not sure he gets his grades up, even if he was close. He was close for Nebraska, could be wrong but I am pretty sure we have higher standards.

I mean it's not like it's hard to do well at a JUCO. If he graduates JUCO, hell that takes part of the admission requirements away.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Florida Gators football brand is ****. Spurrier spent over a decade building the brand. Flashy, swag, fast, innovative...
Ever since Tebow got his ass whipped by Saban in the SEC championship, the admin been trying to convert Florida football into that slow, overpowering, machine like Alabama football program. We sold our freaking souls. We have a fake identity. We are frauds and high school coaches and recruits can see right through it.

If I was the new AD... I'd fire Mac right now... Throw 8 mil at chip Kelly. Disassociate the program from anything Alabama.

Alabama is our enemy, not our daddy.

We need a fresh start. New blood. Exactly what Urban brought to the program. Mac gotta go.

Sorry for the rant.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels this way. The Alabama 'process" is inundated with flaws.
Disagree? Then explain how you can have the best players, top flight facilities, bottomless booster pockets, friendly law enforcement, and a "cooperative" relationship with the NCAA, and NOT win the title every year?

Time to make the change and go back to being Florida again. If only we had a AD with the guts to do the right thing.......

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Just incredible. You know what is expected of you since your early HS years. You've garnered enough attention to be 3-4 years away from a life changing career. And instead of getting it at least to the point of being able to qualify, you decide to have multiple kids at 17 and spend your time tweeting every thought that comes to mind. Who, if anyone, is advising these guys?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, when you were 17-18 years old, did you listen to anyone's advice?
YEAH.... I did what my Dad said or risk his busting my ass!!! That's the real problem... not enough parental supervision and/or discipline and far too many kiddos being raised with no Father figure.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Think on this. You know that you're headed to college -- an institution of higher learning and you are not the least bit focussed on "upkeep" with the paltry demands of highschool. When I was in highschool everybody would be too embarrassed to have low grades. Bet he only plays video games with his buds, with no alone time. Bet he doesn't even have the slightest yearn to read.

For guys like him, he needs a CC that has learning-disability classes and to teach him how to learn. He probably doesn't believe or know that he's capable. UF can't admit a guy like him.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Just incredible. You know what is expected of you since your early HS years. You've garnered enough attention to be 3-4 years away from a life changing career. And instead of getting it at least to the point of being able to qualify, you decide to have multiple kids at 17 and spend your time tweeting every thought that comes to mind. Who, if anyone, is advising these guys?
He has kids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.