Elijah Blades snubs Gators, decommits

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels this way. The Alabama 'process" is inundated with flaws.
Disagree? Then explain how you can have the best players, top flight facilities, bottomless booster pockets, friendly law enforcement, and a "cooperative" relationship with the NCAA, and NOT win the title every year?

Time to make the change and go back to being Florida again. If only we had a AD with the guts to do the right thing.......

Let me second your post and what Gatorsko said. It is nuts that these guys can not look at empty seats with an SEC East winning team and understand that what they are putting on the field is not UF football.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
T paltry demands

It is not just the paltry demand of high school, but the paltry demand to qualify. Even with UF up grading them a tiny bit, if you do not qualify you really just did not bother to try to qualify.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Perhaps the "process" that Saban uses is not appropriate for UF, I don't know that much about his process to tell. That said he does not win every year because there are several other schools that have plans to be NC as well and they have resources, players, etc.

Now a process that works in manufacturing is as follows:

Plan, Do, Check, Act. This is as I understand it the basis of the Saban process.

You repeat continually. If this process is not working it is not the process but the person and team. I understand that Saban out works many people and somehow players are willing to take a chance on him and his process getting them to the NFL, even if they have to wait their turn.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Wait, so Mac didn't blow it and Blades didn't snub us? This was just about grades? You mean this was fake news all along? :scratchhead:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, so Mac didn't blow it and Blades didn't snub us? This was just about grades? You mean this was fake news all along? :scratchhead:
California 5 star = 3 star. And we don't GAF about DBs.

Follow the rules.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you musta joined after signing day. This is kinda awkward.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He went to Nebraska because of a coach and became a partial qualifier because of grades. He elected to leave Nebraska because it never felt right and he's going the JUCO route. He's reaching back out to Florida because he wants to go to UF.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He went to Nebraska because of a coach and became a partial qualifier because of grades. He elected to leave Nebraska because it never felt right and he's going the JUCO route. He's reaching back out to Florida because he wants to go to UF.

I'm not sure we need him... if we get the kid out of Heritage... do we really need Blades? Maybe after JUCO... I'd just wait and see what our numbers were and if he is better than other guys we could get.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure we need him... if we get the kid out of Heritage... do we really need Blades? Maybe after JUCO... I'd just wait and see what our numbers were and if he is better than other guys we could get.

Worth the chance. I mean if he doesn't pan out at DB, we can just flip him to WR...wait.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He gone back!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member