Emory Jones

If Gatorchatter was shut down forever, which initial emotion would be the strongest for you?

• Relief

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Anxiety

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Sadness

Votes: 48 62.3%
  • Anger

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Happiness

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
whats going on with him? I thought he was supposed to be the new hottest freshman QB starter. I hear more about Trask than him.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Calm your tits, he's a true freshman who's on campus during what should be his last semester of high school.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Anyone who watched him in high school knew he wasn't starting this coming season. Hays Carlyon is a dumba$$. EJ needs to get bigger and fix his mechanics which are completely out of sync. He'll be fine. Unless a miracle occurs and Trash or Fraud (<-- my Donk impersonation) plays well, I expect EJ to be the starter in 2019.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
200w.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
whats going on with him? I thought he was supposed to be the new hottest freshman QB starter. I hear more about Trask than him.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

This happens year after year particularly in football. The stargazers get all excited about several true frosh. The true frosh come in and only a handful are significant contributors. Then the stargazers get all excited about some other signees completely forgetting about other players on the roster particularly redshirt frosh. Then this new group of signees enroll and only a handful are significant contributors. So once again the stargazers are focused on a new group of signees who they are sure will all come in take all the playing time. Rinse, repeat, rinse repeat ad infinitum.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He will probably make big strides in camp prior to the season starting. If we are lucky he will be fully capable of taking over in 2019.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is he's the starter by the time we visit Nashville.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
My guess is he's the starter by the time we visit Nashville.
I will go on record and say with 100% certainty we will for the 8th straight year have more than 1 starting qb. Not a huge leap whatsoever, as im sure this is just common sense now, but I will not argue against your point. It’s a great possibility he takes over later in the season.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I will go on record and say with 100% certainty we will for the 8th straight year have more than 1 starting qb. Not a huge leap whatsoever, as im sure this is just common sense now, but I will not argue against your point. It’s a great possibility he takes over later in the season.

Well you can never be 100% certain, but given that UF is running an offense that puts more hits on QBs and is running this offense with unproven QBs who were recruited to run an offense that avoided hits on the QB, I would say you are correct the probability of having more than one starter at QB this year is even higher than last year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is the most indestructible guy we've had at the position since Tebow. And, unfortunately, the most uncorrectable.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Well you can never be 100% certain, but given that UF is running an offense that puts more hits on QBs and is running this offense with unproven QBs who were recruited to run an offense that avoided hits on the QB, I would say you are correct the probability of having more than one starter at QB this year is even higher than last year.

I agree that we most likely will need more than one QB, but I do wonder how you actually know what offense we will be running. It seems like coach indicated that the offense would be built around the players not trying to force square pegs into smaller round holes.

Our poor oline is a major cause of concern and the reason more than one QB will be required.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is the most indestructible guy we've had at the position since Tebow. And, unfortunately, the most uncorrectable.
Sorry, but Dipshytskel managed to do less with more games.

Not that it is saying much.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but Dipshytskel managed to do less with more games.

Not that it is saying much.
I thought about him before I posted that. Maybe someone can pull a stats comparison. They both held onto the ball way too long. I'd rather have Driskel toting the ball than the giraffe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator