Eric Hester to Transfer

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Beat me to it. Kinda surprised about this one....White must have told him Hudson will be getting many of his minutes.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Beat me to it. Kinda surprised about this one....White must have told him Hudson will be getting many of his minutes.
Wondering what the thought is. Making room? He was a highly rated recruit.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had called this after our tourney run ended. I said Hester or Stone may transfer. I would take the Rice transfer Egor who is a big time scorer and shooter now with this spot opening up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I had called this after our tourney run ended. I said Hester or Stone may transfer. I would take the Rice transfer Egor who is a big time scorer and shooter now with this spot opening up.

I'm confused by this Igor 6'5"guard, averaged 18 ppg. He's listed as a redshirt junior. So it's possible he graduated by his junior year? Would he be a graduate transfer with 2 years' eligibility - no sit out requirement? What a great player to pick up or what a "smart" status to earn. ?? IDK.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I'm confused by this Igor 6'5"guard, averaged 18 ppg. He's listed as a redshirt junior. So it's possible he graduated by his junior year? Would he be a graduate transfer with 2 years' eligibility - no sit out requirement? What a great player to pick up or what a "smart" status to earn. ?? IDK.
If he graduates he doesn't have to sit out no matter how many years left...but I think he will be a redshirt senior so he would just have next year

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I am kind of shocked Hester is transferring. Really wanted to see him develop. Playing time was not going to get much better next year unless he could play PG, so maybe it doesn't surprise me that much

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
With Hester gone expect Bassett to either transfer or retire (might need another foot surgery because his original injury has not healed)

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am kind of shocked Hester is transferring. Really wanted to see him develop. Playing time was not going to get much better next year unless he could play PG, so maybe it doesn't surprise me that much
Hester's limitation as a solid PG is likely the reason, putting him in direct competition with Hudson and Ballard for PT. Was hoping he could play the PG spot eventually, but I guess it wasn't in the cards. Wish him well - seemed like a good kid.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wondering what the thought is. Making room? He was a highly rated recruit.
Hester was a 3 star, but a good 3 star, IMO. Don't know if I'd call that highly rated though.
Hopefully White's got a surprise announcement for us soon.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hester was a 3 star, but a good 3 star, IMO. Don't know if I'd call that highly rated though.

He was the 112th ranked player per rivals so he was a high profile guy. I agree though, hopefully White's got a commit or transfer in line.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

This...I think he looked at the minutes next year and there wasn't much left for him.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Damn. I had high hopes for him. Best of luck to Eric.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alert I received said he was a 4 star. Maybe that a 4 star on 247? Or kinda like a 4 star from California?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hester has the highest shooting percentage in UF history on 2 point shots. This is completely mind boggling unless there is some family, grade or behavior issue involved that we do not know about.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I wonder why White recruited him. He doesn't fit his scheme. White wants length and athleticism on the court. He doesn't want 6'3 scoring guards. I assume the goal was to move him to pg, but it hasn't worked out or Eric doesn't want to switch positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.