ESPN 30 for 30 Gatorade Fantastic Vintage Gator Football

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
[youtube]AUAzxYJzuZk[/youtube]

I don't know if this has been posted on here before. If it's MOM so be it because it deserves another view. More than 16 minutes of video but worth watching for those interested in Gator history.

Some good video of vintage Gator football on this one. You can see Spurrier kicking the field goal to beat Auburn, a legendery play that boosted SOS in the Heisman race. You will see Larry Smith's 90 plus yard run in the Orange Bowl. It is a myth of Gator lore that Smith's pants were falling down. What happened was that Smith's clean white hip pads were riding up high which gave the illusion of his pants falling.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That is a good video and well worth the watch. There is a lot of information in there about the invention/develpoment of Gatorade, and teams from the 60's

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Assistant coach AND security guard at Shands!?! Where'd he park his Maserati during his shift? MUCH different times.

OH and just one more reason to hate the puppies. Bastards kept us from our first SEC Title in '66 by hijacking the Gatorade. We can NEVER beat them enough!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That was cool.

I remember as a kid drinking Gatorade from the jar when it first hit the market. My mom bought it for me when I played Pop Warner. I think the quart jar was 39 cents. :eek:ldman:

gatorade_bottle.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember those too. Oh the joy of hearing that lid make that popping sound and guzzling that stuff.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Drank it by the quart while playing tennis. I'd go through 3 or 4 of those in a match.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great video. The hacks at FSU claim they invented it first with "firewater". I hate FSU. And Georgia. Before every coctail party game, my dad tells me the story of them stealing the gatorade before that game. Then he sits there pissed for about 5 minutes. Then he takes a shot of moonshine and moves along.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nice flashback... Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online