Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I started reading then quit. 100% filth and garbage. Fleming should be ashamed.

Where was the outrage when Jordan played baseball?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Just sayin.....

John 15:18-27King James Version (KJV)
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Eh, these kinds of articles used to bother me, but I know they don't faze Tim so why should it faze me? And just speaking honestly, even though written with a vitriolic slant, nothing the guy said about his "failures" is wrong. Until Tim succeeds at something he is open to this kind of scrutiny. Thats what happens when you play on the world stage. He's a big boy and can handle it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I read halfway through and then closed the article, what a complete POS.

How bout these gems right here:

His "lack of humility and understanding"

'"I don't have to live with regret. I did everything I could. I pushed it. And I would rather be someone who can live with peace and no regret than being so scared I didn't make the effort." Whether you think that's enlightened or idiotic is up to you.'

“the utterly unsettling way he has embraced, perfected and, yes, profited from the art of failure… Tebow's business as a pro athlete has been failure, and business has been good.”

“Stooping to play fullback or tight end, where he worried he would no longer be everyone's focus of attention inside the huddle, was out of the question too.”

This ahole's worse than merril hodge.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Eh, these kinds of articles used to bother me, but I know they don't faze Tim so why should it faze me? And just speaking honestly, even though written with a vitriolic slant, nothing the guy said about his "failures" is wrong. Until Tim succeeds at something he is open to this kind of scrutiny. Thats what happens when you play on the world stage. He's a big boy and can handle it.
Tebow has been extremely successful at many things past and present. Just saying.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Just sayin.....

John 15:18-27King James Version (KJV)
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

If people have not caught on yet to ESPN's PC desire to savage UF highly success, but highly religious (un-PC religion of course) QBs, they are not really putting 2 + 2 together. Anti-Christian bias is quite big among the mediots. Now if Wuerffel or Tebow were to convert to Islam, ESPN would have nothing but puff pieces for them.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If I'd have known the article was that bad, I wouldn't have given that piece of garbage the click.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanx for letting me know not to read it, so I will put my 2 cents in any way. so Tebow did not become a star QB in the NFL. He played in the NFL which 99.99999999999999999% of the people will not. He probably will not make it in baseball. Who cares? it does not affect anyone else's life. I never thought he would make either as a pro, but that does not matter either. Here is what matters. I am not religious at all, but Tebow's stances do not bother me. He is a good person, does no harm to anyone and believes in morality and accountability. All I know is the world would be a much better place to live if everyone was more like Tebow!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just remove the link. Send no more clicks to that douche bag.

It's probably SAS anyway.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow, still a young man and still has helped, served well more of humankind than any pro athlete.??

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He should stick to charity work and the occasional endorsement deal. He's just hurting his brand otherwise.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
This is a fairly robust hatchet job by a guy who clearly has some issues that he's overcompensating for. I get that the New York City left wing press hates the very notion of Tim Tebow, I guess I wonder if they'll ever find another obsession at this point.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18791367/tim-tebow-relentless-pursuit-failure

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports/...tucci-tim-tebow-not-baseball-player/98302462/

I much prefer this take on Tebow. Tim pretty much handles the haters in this in his own Tebow way by prioritizing what counts, and the writer supports him. Don't be put off by the title.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tim Tebow can do whatever he wants with his own life... winners try and are self determined, losers make excuses and follow the opinions of the insignificant. Dudes a Great Gator, brought years of pride to the program. I'm good.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
We should all be the failure that Tim has been, not that I read that article.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He should stick to charity work and the occasional endorsement deal. He's just hurting his brand otherwise.
Why..because it would make YOU feel better about him? I give the guy props for NOT being afraid of failure and chasing his dreams with the passion/work ethic that damn few in this planet have. Wish I had half the drive he does when I was his age. I'm gonna raise my son to have the "go for it" mentality and not be afraid of anything. Tebow is a helluva role model for youngsters...and I am not religious in any way shape of form.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
success-consists-of-going-from-failure-to-failure-without-loss-of-enthusiasm-quote-1.jpg

Seriously, I can think of five good reasons from this one story why this writer is a fooking doosh.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why..because it would make YOU feel better about him? I give the guy props for NOT being afraid of failure and chasing his dreams with the passion/work ethic that damn few in this planet have. Wish I had half the drive he does when I was his age. I'm gonna raise my son to have the "go for it" mentality and not be afraid of anything. Tebow is a helluva role model for youngsters...and I am not religious in any way shape of form.
It's fine if he's chasing some kind of dream, but I honestly think it's just because his NFL career didn't pan out and he's trying to compensate by playing another sport. I've said for a long time, his ultimate place in this world will be doing good for others. He was able to use his career at UF and one miracle season in the NFL to elevate his name to the point where he can maximize his charity work. It was an amazing ride while it lasted, some of the most fun years I've ever had watching sports, but it's just time to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.