MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n14750 said:
Meyer is easily a HOFer already.
I seriously doubt that. He hasn't coached long enough and much of getting into the HOF is based on overall wins. Not saying he's not capable, but I don't think he's there yet. Just because he won 2 NCs doesn't guarantee it, in my opinion. Hell, Coker, Chizik and Fisher all have NC and none of them is HOF worthy.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is not HOF quality if retired tomorrow. I think he will be before he is all said and done. But I do not see Ohio St ever winning a national title if they have to win two games post season in the playoff to hoist the trophy. Or at least for awhile.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is a HOF coach even if he never coached another game. No doubt at all.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n14755 said:
Meyer is a HOF coach even if he never coached another game. No doubt at all.

Probably due to the 2 NC's and a couple of undefeated seasons. I don't put him on Spurrier's level yet however.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What Meyer did at BGU and Utah is nothing short of HOF worthy. UF & OSU? The guy's resume says it all. I may despise him but he gets results. He cracked here. It happens.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is 2-9 against ranked teams since Nicky Satan cuts his nuts off in 2009.

They are both top tier coaches. I'll be impressed if Meyer manages to take a team that is comparable to Kintucky, then makes them the team to beat in the east. Defenses caught up to SOS a bit and he adapted. Defenses caught up to Meyer very quickly and he has yet to adapt. Time will tell if Meyer adapts and learns to deal with his panic and stress issues.

No one gives a shiiit what you did at BG, Utah, or even Boise. Bobby Pruitt won more games in the 90s than any other coach and went 13-0 a couple of times. Think he's in the HOF? Hell no.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier took over a broken football team and a broken program. The same cannot be said about the conditions in which Meyer came into.

Spurrier coached twice as long, therefore there were bound to me more cyclical changes in the conference. There were some very good teams during his stretch, including Auburn and Tennessee. By the time the SEC became super strong during Meyer's tenure, he was already headed out the door. Non-issue.

Could Meyer have done with South Carolina what Spurrier did? Lol, would Meyer have DARED try and do what Spurrier did? No and no.

Wobble's trolling.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

They are both top tier coaches. I'll be impressed if Meyer manages to take a team that is comparable to Kintucky, then makes them the team to beat in the east. Defenses caught up to SOS a bit and he adapted. Defenses caught up to Meyer very quickly and he has yet to adapt. Time will tell if Meyer adapts and learns to deal with his panic and stress issues.

No one gives a shiiit what you did at BG, Utah, or even Boise. Bobby Pruitt won more games in the 90s than any other coach and went 13-0 a couple of times. Think he's in the HOF? Hell no.
2-9 since that SECCG loss - that does stick out some.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

Urban Meyer>Bobby Pruitt

Meyer went on to huge huge success. Pruitt? My point is that Meyer showed is worth at those schools and turned those schools into winners while he was there. Winning at Duke or Bowling Green is much harder than winning at UF or OSU or even South Carolina.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n14752 said:
I seriously doubt that. He hasn't coached long enough and much of getting into the HOF is based on overall wins. Not saying he's not capable, but I don't think he's there yet. Just because he won 2 NCs doesn't guarantee it, in my opinion. Hell, Coker, Chizik and Fisher all have NC and none of them is HOF worthy.
Anybody with 2 rings is HOF, unless they eff up and kill somebody or pull a Pete Rose.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n14776 said:
Anybody with 2 rings is HOF, unless they eff up and kill somebody or pull a Pete Rose.
Even if they pull the Fred Sanford?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Stephen Orr Spurrier is one of the greatest coaches in CFB history. Meyer is well on his way for sure. Let me know when Meyer gets to 219 wins, we'll talk.
Meyer will never get there. Waiting for the Bucknuts to tank this year or next and for him to get sand in his vajayjay again and leave.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you could either coach at age 50, meaning Meyer now or Spurrier in 1995 ...???

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n14785]If you could either coach at age 50, meaning Meyer now or Spurrier in 1995 ...??? [/QUOTE] That's a no brainier, but they probably weren't born in 95 so they have no perspective.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
[QUOTE='78;n14785]If you could either coach at age 50, meaning Meyer now or Spurrier in 1995 ...???
That's a no brainier, but they probably weren't born in 95 so they have no perspective.[/quote]You got a like out of that post. I think I'll second it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SOS could only win one championship in a down SEC conference. Meyer won two in a much stronger SEC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n14793 said:
SOS could only win one championship in a down SEC conference. Meyer won two in a much stronger SEC.

Spurrier didn't have the BCS system.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The best Meyer team would not have beaten '95 Nebraska. Strip away the assistants and you had an offensive genius and a special teams hack. Spurrier could survive, even thrive without Stoops. Meyer was dead in the water without Mullen. Game, set, match.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
95 was only one year. What is your excuse for the other years? Also, how many undefeated regular seasons did SOS have at UF? The answer is zero. Meyer had at least one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator