ESPN Film on Steve Spurrier

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n15096 said:
Incorrect. UF had a undefeated regular season in 2009. Tebow's last year.

You, are correct. With the rule change in the NCAA with the change in scheduling in the early 2000's. The conference championship games were no longer considered part of the regular season. In 1995 it was part of the regular season, but in 2009 it was not.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm;n15101 said:
Urb has never placed roots anywhere. Up to this point he is a gypsy. I do not discount his accomplishments for UF or any of the other stops he has made but building a program means a lot. SOS is beloved at UF and SC and will end up being the legendary coach both programs will admire. Yes, he will always be a gator but his talent as a HOF coach in bringing life into two SEC programs stands alone in my book. The SEC was not the MAAC when SOS Coached, he just changed the entire offensive scheme. Frankly, I wish he had never left. This would be the point when I usually make a sarcastic comment about our current situation but I promised that I would not do that. Let me say this, I think that SOS would win 9+ games with our current UF team; URB would need to spend some more time with his family and we would likely win 6.

I bet Urban starts having heart issues again if OSU fails to win the conference again this year.

JimtheGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n15063 said:
Does anybody know when it is scheduled to run? I checked and it is part of a series so to get it I am recording all the various episodes. Some looked interesting others not so much.

The Believer airs tonight at 8:00 on SEC Network.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n36017 said:
No, SOS made them look weaker.

jlaw-whtvr.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Urban Meyer has had 6 12+ win seasons out of 13 as a head coach. That's absurd. I think he's a head case and a doosh, but the man can coach some football. Spurrier's a great offensive mind, and he's done an admirable job turning around South Carolina, but the man loses far too many games he has no business losing (like against UT last year).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Meyer has more championships and more undefeated seasons.
Meyer has the same number of undefeated seasons as a Gator in the SEC. Going undefeated at Utah and OSU isn't really the same thing.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's the best thing that ever happened to Florida football and THE reason for all our championships. Without Spurrier, Meyer wouldn't have even been a candidate for the job. Without Spurrier, we're Arkansas. The biggest question I have, is why in the hell is it Florida Field instead of "Steve Spurrier Field" and where is the coaching statue of Spurrier in his visor?

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
VulcanAlex said:
I am reminded of something once said of Don Shula. He can beat you with his guys, or he could beat you with your guys. It was a different time and having talent stored up from previous bad coaches at the Dolphins made it possible, but Shula was one of the best of his time. Sort of like SOS in college.
Thought it was a Bum Phillips quote

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The Original DC said:
He's the best thing that ever happened to Florida football and THE reason for all our championships. Without Spurrier, Meyer wouldn't have even been a candidate for the job. Without Spurrier, we're Arkansas. The biggest question I have, is why in the hell is it Florida Field instead of "Steve Spurrier Field" and where is the coaching statue of Spurrier in his visor?
Florida football can be divided into two eras: BS and AS (Before Spurrier and Anno Spurrier).

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
SEC Storied about SOS on right now on the SEC Network. God I love that guy.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was in the student card section when he kicked that FG to beat Auburn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.