ESPN Picking UT to win the SEC East in 2015

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gator Fever;n177303 said:
I can see on paper why they think they might and Vegas is giving them decent odds in the SEC. That QB looks to be the real deal and they have a lot of young players that got experience this past season. I am glad we get them at home this season.
This, I saw their QB a few times. He looks like the best they have had in a long time. Very glad they come to gville. Been reading a lot of SEC history (recent history). Fulmer was damned good coach and sharp guy, His problem was SOS. Without SOS he dominates the sec. IN 1990 the future descended on the SEC and flipped it on its head. Great times it was...........

Dec 10, 2014
TN G8tr;n177584 said:
I don't think dismissing is the point of what most are saying. Butch has done nothing to indicate that he is building a power at UT. If you want to base it off of a class that he signed "29" of course you would have a high rating. In addition what have we seen that he can coach?? Losing and crapping the bed against Muscramp is a pretty good indication. We all have seen what coaches can do that can recruit and can't coach. Jones has yet to prove it. Will they be awful, not exactly. Will they be world beaters, perhaps not. UcheaT needs to show it on the field rather than all the usual offseason BS that is spread.

Look. I'm not going to start defending tennessee. That's the calling of a loser. Just keep in mind one thing. Jones inherited the biggest dumpster fire they've had their since I've been alive. What has Jones failed to "prove" in two years with that mess? If you expected more from him than what he accomplished in the last two years, than you should expect a NC from Coach Mac next year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
UT has the talent to win the east. The question now is whether Butch Jones is the guy or is he a Muschamp or Al Golden who does nothing with the talent he has.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n177688 said:
Look. I'm not going to start defending tennessee. That's the calling of a loser. Just keep in mind one thing. Jones inherited the biggest dumpster fire they've had their since I've been alive. What has Jones failed to "prove" in two years with that mess? If you expected more from him than what he accomplished in the last two years, than you should expect a NC from Coach Mac next year.

You compared him to Fulmer in his prime. What has he done to warrant that or "prove" himself? I'll answer it for you...nothing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n177688 said:
Look. I'm not going to start defending tennessee.
Yet you continue in every thread.

Ox threatened to out you recently. I can't wait until he does.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n177695 said:
Originally posted by PatDooleySucks View Post

You compared him to Fulmer in his prime. What has he done to warrant that or "prove" himself? I'll answer it for you...nothing.

Exactly, MJM. That is pretty much the sum of my initial post.

Do not expect much more from Jones but you "DooleySucks" seem to think so. Most of us are saying that Jones has done nothing to warrant such a lofty goal. And no we do not expect a NC from Mac next year. And no one has even remotely suggested such. While you claim you are not defending UT you sure are making a case for them.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In honor of the more fair minded level headed posters that have commented about the ESPN prediction I'll reciprocate. It's a two edged sword. Vol fans are ecstatic we're getting positive remarks from the sports media. Its been a long times since we've warmed our hands at that fireplace. Then again it puts us behind the 8 ball. Now we're the front runners expected to go all the way to the SEC Championship. That makes the big Florida game even more important than usual. Should Butch come up short of expectations including an unwelcome extension of the losing streak to the Gators then its the same old sad song we've been singing for the last 10 years. The Hills of Tennessee would be grumbling and unhappy but Butch would still have two more bullet years left in his revolver.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n177497 said:
No, people on this board are (mostly) Gator fans. Tennessee is going to have to win on the field before they get an inkling of respect. Hell, Muschamp went undefeated against them.

This is a good post. It is very hard to ignore the recruiting going on up in Knoxville though. They need to win something first.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Alvin York;n177712 said:
In honor of the more fair minded level headed posters that have commented about the ESPN prediction I'll reciprocate. It's a two edged sword. Vol fans are ecstatic we're getting positive remarks from the sports media. Its been a long times since we've warmed our hands at that fireplace. Then again it puts us behind the 8 ball. Now we're the front runners expected to go all the way to the SEC Championship. That makes the big Florida game even more important than usual. Should Butch come up short of expectations including an unwelcome extension of the losing streak to the Gators then its the same old sad song we've been singing for the last 10 years. The Hills of Tennessee would be grumbling and unhappy but Butch would still have two more bullet years left in his revolver.

Being a vol, what are your honest thoughts about Jones? Is he the guy to bring UT back or is he just a fantastic recruiter whose teams always underachieve? I have questions after watching his coaching the last couple of years. I'm getting the impression he is a slightly better version of Al Golden but isn't the guy to truly bring UT back. This year he has no excuse.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n177763 said:
Being a vol, what are your honest thoughts about Jones? Is he the guy to bring UT back or is he just a fantastic recruiter whose teams always underachieve? I have questions after watching his coaching the last couple of years. I'm getting the impression he is a slightly better version of Al Golden but isn't the guy to truly bring UT back. This year he has no excuse.

After being saddled with zeros like Kiffin and Dooley I say Butch shows promise. Action speaks louder than words. Beat Florida and win the SEC East. Then and only then will we sing "Rocky Top" again with gusto.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Man, it's going to be a longer off season than usual... volunqueer talk in February. :eek:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Butch went 0-2 against Will Muschamp, and in both games we won with our backup QB. What on Earth makes anyone think he's capable of turning that dumpster fire around?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n178087 said:
Butch went 0-2 against Will Muschamp, and in both games we won with our backup QB. What on Earth makes anyone think he's capable of turning that dumpster fire around?

When you're trying to become a fireman for the NYFD there is a probationary period. During that period you are called a Probie. Butch has been our Probie preparing the last two years for the fires to come. This year the Probie becomes a Volunteer Fireman ready to do his job in the SEC but he doesn't stop there. From Fireman he will evolved into another "Old Hickory", another General Andrew Jackson.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Alvin York;n178093 said:
When you're trying to become a fireman for the NYFD there is a probationary period. During that period you are called a Probie. Butch has been our Probie preparing the last two years for the fires to come. This year the Probie becomes a Volunteer Fireman ready to do his job in the SEC but he doesn't stop there. From Fireman he will evolved into another "Old Hickory", another General Andrew Jackson.

Voulnteer Friemen are still half-ass firemen. Yes they are trained, but they are not ready for the heat that is in the Swamp nor a coach who knows something about the Applying the Heat through the Offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.