ESPN Picking UT to win the SEC East in 2015

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n178093 said:
When you're trying to become a fireman for the NYFD there is a probationary period. During that period you are called a Probie. Butch has been our Probie preparing the last two years for the fires to come. This year the Probie becomes a Volunteer Fireman ready to do his job in the SEC but he doesn't stop there. From Fireman he will evolved into another "Old Hickory", another General Andrew Jackson.

You're an asshat. Probe this.... As a retired Firefighter you don't know $#!t.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n177308 said:
It's pretty flawed how much people are discounting the vols. They've had two top-five recruiting classes in a row. I don't know if they'll win the East or not, but they could win it. The fact that they could is a major development for them. They're an interesting team right now. Last year they were competitive in almost every game they lost. They did so with inferior talent to almost every opponent they played. However, butch has made pretty sorry coaching decisions. I think he's going to end up being much like Fulmer. Great talent and not so great game-day performance.Their program is trending right now.

Other programs in the East are fading (usc/uga/Vanderbilt/Kentucky). Tennessee is going to be competitive on talent alone. With Miles and Saban in the twilights of their respective careers and Malzahn seeming to have an interest in the nfl, it's a time period where a program (or two) can really pick up the reigns and control the conference for a time.

At the end of the day, the Gator game this year is a major, major game for Jones. He's coming in with a junior quarterback and talent at WR and RB. The OL for Tennessee is coming back intact I think. Have no clue about their defense, but it has to be better on talent alone. The pressure is on them. It's not a game he needs to win. But if he loses to us and Oklahoma beforehand, the fans will start to get restless. A loss this year to us and a loss next year could really direct the long-term future of the that program.

I agree with you. The infants on this board have no interest in having a real conversation when it comes to rivals. Anyone with a shred of objectivity can admit that UT has a good shot to with the East.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n178625 said:
Anyone with a shred of objectivity can admit that UT has a good shot to with the East.

I can admit they probably have about as good a shot as anyone else in the East, but I also can't get past 10 in a row. I would never bet money on them winning the SEC East because of that. We simply own them and will until proven otherwise on the field.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n178633 said:
I can admit they probably have about as good a shot as anyone else in the East, but I also can't get past 10 in a row. I would never bet money on them winning the SEC East because of that. We simply own them and will until proven otherwise on the field.

...and they suck.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n178625 said:
I agree with you. The infants on this board have no interest in having a real conversation when it comes to rivals. Anyone with a shred of objectivity can admit that UT has a good shot to with the East.
I've seen you post for 8 years or so, and I don't ever remember you making posts like these or wanting "real" conversations about rivals. You used to get down and have fun with us ripping them every which way, with no objectivity of any kind (which is the way it should be). What happened to you?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n178625 said:

Same thing people have been saying for the last 10 years, except for a few exception... how has that worked out for them?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n178636 said:
I've seen you post for 8 years or so, and I don't ever remember you making posts like these or wanting "real" conversations about rivals. You used to get down and have fun with us ripping them every which way, with no objectivity of any kind (which is the way it should be). What happened to you?

I think his knee injuries have severely damaged his sense of rumor. :sadnanner:

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Average Vols fan: :facepalm: He's now 47 years old, still rocking his goatee and 1998 back-to-back SEC championship t-shirt. He has been wearing "husky" jeans since 1974 and he lives in a holler in a doublewide that he inherited from his mom when she died of a rattlesnake bite in 1996. He remembers that his mother died in 1996 because it was the same year that Tennessee lost to Memphis on that ridiculous kick return touchdown when that Memphis player's arm hit the ground and it was totally NOT FAIR.
He has four Peyton Manning jerseys -- Colts, Broncos, and two Vols -- hanging in his closet and he wore the "classy" Peyton Manning orange jersey to his twenty year high school reunion. There were eighteen other men in the same jersey at his reunion. Before he attended his high school reunion, he called to make sure that dropouts who later took the GED were eligible to attend.
He played one year of JV football, but, miraculously, every situation that occurs in Vol football for the past thirty years bears a complete and total similarity to the 1980 Soddy Daisy JV season. He is prone to starting all conversations about Vol football strategy by saying, "Well, what we did at Soddy Daisy was..."
He takes a yearly vacation to Panama City Beach, where he stays at the Econo Lodge with his on and off girlfriend named Tiffany. Tiffany works in a strip club, but she is a waitress, not a stripper. This is a HUGELY IMPORTANT distinction. She has four kids of three different mixed races -- one of them might be Travis Henry's but she's not sure because it might have just been an Applebee's bartender pretending to be Travis Henry -- and she is also a huge Vol fan. They go to three games a year, where they proceed to get drunk in the upper deck and talk about how awesome 1998 was. Both are secretly ashamed that in 2009 they role-played sex acts where he pretended to be Lane Kiffin -- he even wore the coaches polo! -- and she pretended to seduce him while playing the role of Urban Meyer's wife.
Neither has talked about this since January of 2010.
Before he takes his yearly trip to Panama City he dials up his Internet, hops on the message board and writes this subject, "Going to GAYtor land. Plan to piss everywhere. LOL."
He calls Vandy, "Candy," and believes, "That homo Clay Travis is soooooo gay and married to James Franklin!"
He has sent one Tweet in his life and it was addressed to me and read as follows, "Hey gayboy #"
Of late everytime he makes a profound statement, "ESPN can go straight to hell for that bastard Charles Woodson!" He will append it with "VFL." VFL stands for Vol for Life.
Using VFL is a universal sign that you could not actually be admitted to Tennessee.
He gets fever blisters during football season and always says, "It's not herpes damnit, I'm just stressed," when Tiffany won't kiss him or wipe away his tears after the Gators sodomizes the Vols.
Tiffany gave him herpes.
So she never corrects him.
Go Vols!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Last year, I saw more "winning efforts" from UT players and team than I have seen since Fulmer had them nationally
respectable. They are really on "their rise". Still, I hope Gators beat this better UT team. Coaches do learn and get better,
except for WM.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hotrod;n178831 said:
Average Vols fan: :facepalm: He's now 47 years old, still rocking his goatee and 1998 back-to-back SEC championship t-shirt. He has been wearing "husky" jeans since 1974 and he lives in a holler in a doublewide that he inherited from his mom when she died of a rattlesnake bite in 1996. He remembers that his mother died in 1996 because it was the same year that Tennessee lost to Memphis on that ridiculous kick return touchdown when that Memphis player's arm hit the ground and it was totally NOT FAIR.
He has four Peyton Manning jerseys -- Colts, Broncos, and two Vols -- hanging in his closet and he wore the "classy" Peyton Manning orange jersey to his twenty year high school reunion. There were eighteen other men in the same jersey at his reunion. Before he attended his high school reunion, he called to make sure that dropouts who later took the GED were eligible to attend.
He played one year of JV football, but, miraculously, every situation that occurs in Vol football for the past thirty years bears a complete and total similarity to the 1980 Soddy Daisy JV season. He is prone to starting all conversations about Vol football strategy by saying, "Well, what we did at Soddy Daisy was..."
He takes a yearly vacation to Panama City Beach, where he stays at the Econo Lodge with his on and off girlfriend named Tiffany. Tiffany works in a strip club, but she is a waitress, not a stripper. This is a HUGELY IMPORTANT distinction. She has four kids of three different mixed races -- one of them might be Travis Henry's but she's not sure because it might have just been an Applebee's bartender pretending to be Travis Henry -- and she is also a huge Vol fan. They go to three games a year, where they proceed to get drunk in the upper deck and talk about how awesome 1998 was. Both are secretly ashamed that in 2009 they role-played sex acts where he pretended to be Lane Kiffin -- he even wore the coaches polo! -- and she pretended to seduce him while playing the role of Urban Meyer's wife.
Neither has talked about this since January of 2010.
Before he takes his yearly trip to Panama City he dials up his Internet, hops on the message board and writes this subject, "Going to GAYtor land. Plan to piss everywhere. LOL."
He calls Vandy, "Candy," and believes, "That homo Clay Travis is soooooo gay and married to James Franklin!"
He has sent one Tweet in his life and it was addressed to me and read as follows, "Hey gayboy #"
Of late everytime he makes a profound statement, "ESPN can go straight to hell for that bastard Charles Woodson!" He will append it with "VFL." VFL stands for Vol for Life.
Using VFL is a universal sign that you could not actually be admitted to Tennessee.
He gets fever blisters during football season and always says, "It's not herpes damnit, I'm just stressed," when Tiffany won't kiss him or wipe away his tears after the Gators sodomizes the Vols.
Tiffany gave him herpes.
So she never corrects him.
Go Vols!

We all appreciate you sharing your one year case study sociological thesis with the Message Board.

One matter your research paper never addressed.

No matter what the average Vol fan may think, say or do.

He'll never look like this....
1353339-jeanshorts.jpg

Or this.....
gator_fan_2.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n178910 said:
We all appreciate you sharing your one year case study sociological thesis with the Message Board.

One matter your research paper never addressed.

No matter what the average Vol fan may think, say or do.

He'll never look like this....
1353339-jeanshorts.jpg

Or this.....
gator_fan_2.jpg
Don't post your jerk material on a sports message board, Alvin, it's bad form. Go over to one of the "other" forums you frequent and post them there, they'll be much more well received. (No, I'm not talking about your StormFront forum. They won't like them there either.)

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who would be scared of this:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I sure would be of:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And glad for the last 10 years we've made you feel:

Dec 10, 2014
NavetG8r;n178633 said:

I wouldn't bet money on Tennessee beating Florida. Ever. That being said, you are thinking with mid 90s, early 00s logic. That was the time period where the winner of the UF/ut game always won the East (and the SEC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.