ESPN Prediction - Duck Commander Independence Bowl

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n64517 said:
i love that there's too many bowls. During the holidays there's always something to watch

Exactly. I love watching college football and the bowl games just give us more game to watch. It allows us to take teams out of their typical conference opponents and match them up with teams they wouldn't ever play to evaluate that team and its conference better. Not every bowl game needs to be a matchup of perenial powerhouses. Some bowl games are more meaningful than others which is how it should be. But it doesn't mean that they aren't fun to watch.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n64720 said:
Oh yeah, if we lose this weekend, pack it up for the season.

Can we agree on one thing?

UhaulMovingTruck*304.jpg

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n64733 said:
Can we agree on one thing?

UhaulMovingTruck*304.jpg

I would be shocked if we lost to UT and Muschamp kept his job. Only thing that would save him is a miracle turn around the rest of the season.

Then again, I was saying after the Vandy game last year that I thought he was going to get fired before he left the stadium.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n64736 said:
I would be shocked if we lost to UT and Muschamp kept his job. Only thing that would save him is a miracle turn around the rest of the season.

Then again, I was saying after the Vandy game last year that I thought he was going to get fired before he left the stadium.

Yep and then it was a sure thing about Georgia Southern.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n64738 said:

I believe the decision to keep him had already been made at that point due to circumstances, and Foley wasn't going to change his stance regardless of the way the season ended. The injuries last year not only helped kill our season, they may very well have bought another year of misery for us.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n64738 said:

Remember we did beat Tennesse last year with the worst team in the last 34 years, and that UF lost to GSU. So Tennesse by relative reasoning was a worse team than GSU.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n64515 said:
They think we will be bowl eligible?

sally-field-e1351212977382.jpg

That's optimistic.

This.

I agree the East is really weak this year, but there is nothing I've seen over the past two games that makes me believe we'll beat any of them. Barring some sort of miraculous turnaround, starting Saturday at noon, I have no realistic idea how we'll be bowl-eligible.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n64912 said:
This.

I agree the East is really weak this year, but there is nothing I've seen over the past two games that makes me believe we'll beat any of them. Barring some sort of miraculous turnaround, starting Saturday at noon, I have no realistic idea how we'll be bowl-eligible.

Kentucky beat Vandy, so we should beat Vandy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you go to the Duck Commander bowl do you get free duck calls?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
Gatorbreath;n64912 said:
This.

Don't forget we got Kentucky at home for the OT win and Kentucky had Vandy at home. Vandy will be on the road for us and that could be a tough environment with 30,000 screaming fans.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n64960 said:

Touché. Your logic is unassailable.

OK - so we beat Vandy and EKU and finish 4-7. I feel muuuch better.... :suicide:

It amazes me that apparently Treon is getting no reps with the first team offense. That kid must stink up the practice field. Either they see him currently incapable of helping the team, or Muschamp is the most stubborn doucher in the history of college football.

They'd better pull it together by Saturday noon. I can't stomach losing to the Chuggers. That streak has to survive.

And by the way, your avatar is horrifying.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n64968 said:
Don't forget we got Kentucky at home for the OT win and Kentucky had Vandy at home. Vandy will be on the road for us and that could be a tough environment with 30,000 screaming fans.
you joke but if you've ever been to that stadium it sucks the life out of you. Might be the dullest place in America to play ball. Hard to get up for the game. That's why we often play like crap in there.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n64970 said:
Touché. Your logic is unassailable.

OK - so we beat Vandy and EKU and finish 4-7. I feel muuuch better.... :suicide:

It amazes me that apparently Treon is getting no reps with the first team offense. That kid must stink up the practice field. Either they see him currently incapable of helping the team, or Muschamp is the most stubborn doucher in the history of college football.

They'd better pull it together by Saturday noon. I can't stomach losing to the Chuggers. That streak has to survive.

And by the way, your avatar is horrifying.

I would be surprised if we do not see Harris at quarterback for about 30 percent of the game. Alabama at the point the game was over would have been a bad place for a Freshman. Tennesse after the initial emotional burst will be much easier transition.

You can thank my wife for the creation in my avatar, the babyped. We had it as one of our halloween decorations last year. She is enhancing it this year for Halloween. We will get about 300 kids come by this year, due to its' on a Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.