ETSU coach Randy Sanders reportedly struck a player, put on LOA

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Former Tennessee OC, Fulmer helped land the job at ETSU (they are a start-up program):

ETSU coach Randy Sanders reportedly struck a player, leading to administrative leave

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...ruck-a-player-leading-to-administrative-leave

Surprising news broke out of East Tennessee State on Monday morning as coach Randy Sanders was placed on administrative leave from the University. Details are starting to emerge.

According to a report from Johnson City Press’ Joe Avento, Sanders’ punishment was caused by him striking a player. He’s been suspended with pay for the incident.

The report cites a source close to the situation that says Sanders hit freshman defensive back Tyree Robinson during practice on Friday. Sanders did coach the Buccaneers during their scrimmage on Saturday before being suspended.

The incident reportedly occurred because Robinson did not take a knee during a drill, according to the Johnson City Press report.

“The head coach of the ETSU football team has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of potential violation of university policy,” the school wrote in a brief statement.

Sanders was a former quarterback for the Tennessee Vols and served as an offensive assistant from 1989-98 and then as their offensive coordinator from 1998-2005. He also has experience coaching with Kentucky, where he worked from 2006-12.

Sanders is less than four months into his tenure as ETSU’s head coach. He was previously Jimbo Fisher’s co-offensive coordinator and quarterback coach at Florida State.

East Tennessee State is scheduled to play at Tennessee on Sept. 8

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he needs to come give our guys an attitude adjustment with how they are executing right now.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ETSU had to cancel their football program about 15 years ago because of money, glad to see they’re back. But this isn’t good. :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Curious to know how this became known to the non-player public.?? Is there a code of silence in CFB ?

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
This isn't all that new. Happens more than you know but usually it stays in house.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This isn't all that new. Happens more than you know but usually it stays in house.

Agreed. It says he hit the kid in the helmet. Anyone who's played football has gotten "hit in the helmet" by their coach! Or at least had their helmet slapped, facemask grabbed, etc and had their coach get in their face for a 'teaching moment'. It sounds like he may have gotten 'millineal'd'.

That program is screwed. Their OC just left this week too, and their head coach will likely get fired.

UT plays them in week 2. Talk about a glorified scrimmage before they take us on.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
UT plays them in week 2. Talk about a glorified scrimmage before they take us on.

False confidence. I'm all for it, let TN come in over confident.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is such a joke. Headline should read: "....to lose a week of pay for coaching."

Report: ETSU coach Randy Sanders to lose a week's pay for slapping a player's helmet

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...nders-lose-weeks-pay-slapping-players-helmet/

“Last week, I responded to a situation with poor judgment towards the end of practice,” Sanders said in a statement released by the university. “I immediately apologized to the player directly involved and to my team, and contacted my athletic director to explain everything that happened. Since that time, I have cooperated freely and fully with the university and its review of the situation. I accept the decision by the university and recognize that through my role I have an obligation to lead by example.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.