Ex Bama LB McClain arrested for drug/gun charges

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well there is a guy of is 100% responsible for his own demise.....Oh and screw grumpy smurf saban....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You would think someone would tell them to stop using the real dark tint on the windows that gets them pulled over. I guess in Alabama you cant have a handgun in a vehicle without a concealed license unlike Florida. This idiot seems to stay in trouble all the time.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Didn't two players on Bama's roster kinda get in trouble for the same thing a few months back, and it got brushed under the rug?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You would think someone would tell them to stop using the real dark tint on the windows that gets them pulled over. I guess in Alabama you cant have a handgun in a vehicle without a concealed license unlike Florida. This idiot seems to stay in trouble all the time.

Growing up in Florida, I recall being told that if you didn't have a concealed carry license, the gun needed to be a certain number of "moves" from being able to be fired to be legally carried in a vehicle. I recall it being 2 moves; for example, in a closed case inside your glove box (1) open glove box 2) open gun case 3) fire gun). I didn't think you could just have a loaded pistol not in a case laying on your seat or in, let's say, the glove box. Maybe the law has changed or maybe my understanding was never correct but who knows, maybe Alabama has a law similar to my understanding of what I thought Florida required years ago.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If you are breaking the law you definitely don't want it tented dark. I have my whole front windsheild tented on my car and I get pulled 3 to 4 times a month. The legal limit is like 30% in Florida and the last time they pulled me the trooper put his tint reader on there and said "son this $hit is 2%...do you know this is against the law?" :lol:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Growing up in Florida, I recall being told that if you didn't have a concealed carry license, the gun needed to be a certain number of "moves" from being able to be fired to be legally carried in a vehicle. I recall it being 2 moves; for example, in a closed case inside your glove box (1) open glove box 2) open gun case 3) fire gun). I didn't think you could just have a loaded pistol not in a case laying on your seat or in, let's say, the glove box. Maybe the law has changed or maybe my understanding was never correct but who knows, maybe Alabama has a law similar to my understanding of what I thought Florida required years ago.

There really no objective test. The gun can't be "readily accessible.

While the more "steps" needed to access the gun is helpful, an overzealous cop may still arrest.

Best move is to keep it in a safe in the trunk

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

While the more "steps" needed to access the gun is helpful, an overzealous cop may still arrest.

I looked it up on a lark and a person has the option to keep it securely encased or not readily accessible as you mentioned, but yeah, it appears that the 2 "steps" rule I mentioned isn't written into the law as a hard and fast rule as you aptly noted. You're definely correct about the safe in the trunk option to keep the gung ho cops off your azz; you'll also be thanked by every thug robbing you, too, when you follow that protocol so you'll be loved by all!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thugs with a prior felony cannot have a gun at all -- that way there's no recidivism. :confused:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we've lived it... seems you gotta have a few closet and overt gangstas on the team during those years of Championship play. :scratchchin:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure Alabamas law is similar. This idiot probably had a loaded pistol in his side door or in a glove box. Alabama is also an open carrry state. For instance, if I go hunting up there, I carry my pistol unloaded in a bag in the back seat. When I get out of the truck, I load it, put it in the holster, and on my hip. I have never had an issue with law enforcement handling it this way.

That being said, my college age son still resides in bama and has a concealed carry permit. It's easy to get there with a simple background check and like $25 at the local sheriffs department.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Carrying a copy of the the case law on it also or a write up that summarizes it may be a good idea also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator