Ex UF LB commit Dillan Lawson dies in prison

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.wzep1460.com/former-chrestview-football-stars-death-ruled-a-homicide/

Incarcerated former Crestview High School football standout Dillan Travell Lawson died April 1 from multiple stab wounds he received during an altercation with another state prison inmate. His death is being actively investigated as a homicide by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
--------------------------------------------------------------

I vaguely remember him being recruited. I think his grades kept the staff from taking it farther and then he had a bad arrest before he would have started college football.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol....we haven't recruited that area since Bludworth.....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oooof! What a waste of life. Terrible way to die too!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oooof! What a waste of life. Terrible way to die too!
Not saying the guy deserved it, but perhaps you can find some solace in the fact that the reason he was in prison in the first place was for beating and strangling a pregnant woman and for cruelty child abuse.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I always wonder how folks with a lot of potential somehow find ways to mess it up. He could have gotten an education (maybe not capable), made contacts to assist him in life, made friends with females, and many other things that I would never had options for. Just sad.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying the guy deserved it, but perhaps you can find some solace in the fact that the reason he was in prison in the first place was for beating and strangling a pregnant woman and for cruelty child abuse.

I remember this aspect of his recruitment more than any other.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I always wonder how folks with a lot of potential somehow find ways to mess it up. He could have gotten an education (maybe not capable), made contacts to assist him in life, made friends with females, and many other things that I would never had options for. Just sad.

Or, you know.. going out and playing gang-banger AFTER you got an education, made contacts, and signed a $40MM contract.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I hear you Pasty, it is hard to feel sorry for the loss of such a harmful life.

He had opportunities to improve his life but people make decisions and.........

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
http://www.wzep1460.com/former-chrestview-football-stars-death-ruled-a-homicide/

Incarcerated former Crestview High School football standout Dillan Travell Lawson died April 1 from multiple stab wounds he received during an altercation with another state prison inmate. His death is being actively investigated as a homicide by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
--------------------------------------------------------------

I vaguely remember him being recruited. I think his grades kept the staff from taking it farther and then he had a bad arrest before he would have started college football.

Well no matter how bad a guy he was or wasn't, it is highly unacceptable to incarcerate someone and then not be able to keep them alive. It is a completely unacceptable screw up by the state of Florida.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well no matter how bad a guy he was or wasn't, it is highly unacceptable to incarcerate someone and then not be able to keep them alive. It is a completely unacceptable screw up by the state of Florida.
I disagree completely. I'd prefer to see one of those island penal colonies and let the criminals be criminals against themselves.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Always sorry to hear about people who never find a positive mentor in their lives, it usually doesn't end well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I disagree completely. I'd prefer to see one of those island penal colonies and let the criminals be criminals against themselves.

Well that is not at all what happened in this case. The state of Florida disarmed him and then failed to keep armed people from harming him.

Your plan would be better than what the people of Flordida did to him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I probably wont lose too much sleep.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So he never even signed with us so that's why I have never heard of him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator