Excuses Moving Forward

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna go ahead and get out ahead of the pumps and media cunnalingus practitioners and just list the excuses so when you see them in print you can rest assured that it's total apologist BS.

1. Nuss - that's it, Nuss. The writers and the extreme pumps are going to pin this solely on him in an attempt to exonerate the man who's actually responsible for this shtshow. The wagons are circling butters as we speak. A different playcaller with the same trash playbook would take us from zero to hero.

2. Suspensions/discipline issues - yep, that's right. What extreme pumps were downplaying last week as no big deal at all, will now be brought up ad nauseum as the reason a team that was firing on all cylinders and ready to reclaim its place in the CFB world has been derailed. And of course the staff, and especially Mac will shoulder no blame in this fiasco.

3. Depth/Muschamp/facilities/money - these will still be thrown out regularly even tho few are actually buying them anymore, especially bc it's freakin year 3.

Hope this helps everyone.
Go Gata.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I believe there is a difference between acknowledging the problems, hoping they get fix, trying to remain positive and complete denial of what is clearly happening. I think that fans will often see the same problems but disagree on the best solutions to those problems. I think even the most patient of us have grown tired of, not only the rerun that has become Florida football, but also battling with fellow Gators about it. It's just not as fun as it used to be. And who wants that?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1.Asst coaches so great they are distracted by job offers at major Universities.

2. Did I say offense rebuilt? I meant rebuilding, and only 2-3 years out.

3. Meatchikin's fifteen new starters were all very underrated. Probably the best defense innthe country and Urbie may never score against them either.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Injuries will be an excuse with Harris out and Gardner for who knows how long. Likely more will come. Hope not but that's usually what happens.

I think I read that Mac had to play 10 freshmen last night. Well if he had recruited better to begin with, then he wouldn't have to play so many.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
good excuses on both sides.............

I switched from the app to my browser just so I could dislike your post. There are no good excuses for being this bad a third year in a row period.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Injuries will be an excuse with Harris out and Gardner for who knows how long. Likely more will come. Hope not but that's usually what happens.

I think I read that Mac had to play 10 freshmen last night. Well if he had recruited better to begin with, then he wouldn't have to play so many.
LSU played a lot of Freshmen to and still crushed byu

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one can win with that many 3 stars

Because Musschimp.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I wonder if Phil Steele wants to revise his prediction for our season now. Think he had us like 10-2, he had me wanting to believe in this team , he's usually a decent predictor. That may go down as his worst prediction.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I wonder if Phil Steele wants to revise his prediction for our season now. Think he had us like 10-2, he had me wanting to believe in this team , he's usually a decent predictor. That may go down as his worst prediction.

Hey I thought we would be better.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I was hoping things would be different this season but to be held to 0 offensive touchdowns in our third season under Mac is unacceptable.
I try to be positive about the Gators but after that showing I'm discouraged, to say the least.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think he was weighing talent, experience, and schedule. He's never had to subtract so many points due to coaching.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I switched from the app to my browser just so I could dislike your post. There are no good excuses for being this bad a third year in a row period.
was an inside joke...........dubs started it

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The fans just expect to much. They expect us to at least look competent in our losses.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I was hoping things would be different this season but to be held to 0 offensive touchdowns in our third season under Mac is unacceptable.
I try to be positive about the Gators but after that showing I'm discouraged, to say the least.

Well Spurrier was held to 0 offensive TD's in a game in his 3rd season (Miss St), sadly that where the comparison ends. This is the 4th time Mac has not scored an offensive TD in a game for us (Fsu twice, Michigan and Arkansas). Spurrier had only 2 games in 12 years that he didn't score an offensive TD, Meyer had just one in 6 years. This guy ****ing sucks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator