Fairness wins in the end

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244917 said:
No, actually I'm at the point where I hope Ox gets rid of the PF completely. It's gotten beyond tolerable imo. When every day, or nearly every day I first check my email in the morning, there's another flagged post (3 in one day this week) in the PF, I no longer care if you guys have your little haven or not.

So you think because someone flags a post that automatically means that someone else broke the rules?

Do you not think that people are flagging posts on purpose just to get you guys to react this way? I'm telling you, you'll have less complaints without that function and people have to take the time to PM you.

Would you rather those topics be confined to a single area, or all over the board?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244917 said:
No, actually I'm at the point where I hope Ox gets rid of the PF completely. It's gotten beyond tolerable imo. When every day, or nearly every day I first check my email in the morning, there's another flagged post (3 in one day this week) in the PF, I no longer care if you guys have your little haven or not.

Curious, are you getting those flags from a consistent few or is it always someone new?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n244924 said:
Curious, are you getting those flags from a consistent few or is it always someone new?

VERY consistent few. Who also are not even PF regulars. They're bored sports posters letting their boredom and curiosity get the best of them, and their poor sensitive little ears/eyes can't handle it. That's why I made the comment about people who can't handle the heat, should stay out of the fire.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n244921 said:
Do you not think that people are flagging posts on purpose just to get you guys to react this way?

tin-foil-hat.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244926 said:
VERY consistent few. Who also are not even PF regulars. They're bored sports posters letting their boredom and curiosity get the best of them, and their poor sensitive little ears/eyes can't handle it. That's why I made the comment about people who can't handle the heat, should stay out of the fire.
Honest question, considering yours and Ox's outspoken words about doing away with the PF, do you think it's at all possible that those "VERY consistent few" are doing it on purpose?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244926 said:
Then ban the wimpy complainer(s) - sort of like calling a foul on a soccer player (or Lebron) for flopping.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n244930 said:
Then ban the wimpy complainer(s) - sort of like calling a foul on a soccer player (or Lebron) for flopping.

I can't, or shouldn't be expected to ban someone for pointing out when board rules are broken. Are they pvssies that shouldn't even be in the PF in the first place? Yep, probably, but they have just as much right to read what's in the PF as anyone else and they have the right to expect the rules to be followed in the PF when they go there to read. The simplest solution is for the PF posters to just follow the damn rules like everybody else. Somehow, they think they deserve their own set of rules.:facepalm:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;244790 said:
I need some help understanding of this term. help anyone?

I'm not familiar with that terminology.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244926 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

VERY consistent few. Who also are not even PF regulars. They're bored sports posters letting their boredom and curiosity get the best of them, and their poor sensitive little ears/eyes can't handle it.

So, instead of simply staying out of a forum that seems to upset them, for whatever the reason, they want to make everyone else conform to their personal sense of sensitivity? This in spite of the fact they aren't even regular contributors to the forum. Pathetic & selfish behavior if you ask me. Seems like they should be the one(s) censored IMO. Then again, I don't have to respond to an email notice of another whine episode.

Sorry you have to deal with such unnecessary tantrums from so few people who should simply stay out of a forum they don't have to go if they don't like what they see when they occasionally go there. That's like a semihole complaining about anti-nole posts on a Gator board when they visit they out of boredom every now & then.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244939 said:
I can't, or shouldn't be expected to ban someone for pointing out when board rules are broken. Are they pvssies that shouldn't even be in the PF in the first place? Yep, probably, but they have just as much right to read what's in the PF as anyone else and they have the right to expect the rules to be followed in the PF when they go there to read. The simplest solution is for the PF posters to just follow the damn rules like everybody else. Somehow, they think they deserve their own set of rules.:facepalm:

So in every instance of the very consistent few flagging someone, there has been a breaking of the rules...is that what you are saying?

If so, why have the posters breaking the rules not been given vacations?
I'm just trying to understand the thought process here.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n244941 said:
That's like a semihole complaining about anti-nole posts on a Gator board when they visit they out of boredom every now & then.

It's really not. There's no rules against bashing Noles. There are rules against personal attacks and insults. It's the PF posters who think they should have their own set of rules.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n244943 said:
So in every instance of the very consistent few flagging someone, there has been a breaking of the rules...is that what you are saying?

If so, why have the posters breaking the rules not been given vacations?
I'm just trying to understand the thought process here.

Since the most recent of incidents were already addressed before I logged in for the day, I can't answer that question. Sorry, I've been sleeping later than normal for a couple weeks because I've been up late playing a new favorite video game. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n244919 said:
That would be great.

Would it??? Then all of that pent up lynch mob mentality that seems to run rampant over there would spill into the sports forum.....bet on it.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Wait a second...it's a fLag? I totally misread what the function was for. Can I take them all back now?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;244945 said:
Since the most recent of incidents were already addressed before I logged in for the day, I can't answer that question. Sorry, I've been sleeping later than normal for a couple weeks because I've been up late playing a new favorite video game. :lol:

What game?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n244946 said:
Would it??? Then all of that pent up lynch mob mentality that seems to run rampant over there would spill into the sports forum.....bet on it.

Good. Maybe we would get some new POV's or at least some new voices saying the same things as others.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244945 said:

Is that why you're moody? ;)

jk. What game?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n244946 said:

:exactly:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n244944 said:
There are rules against personal attacks and insults
If this were true and upheld I alone could dwindle the board membership from 600 to about 3....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n244949 said:
What game?

World of Warships just went into open beta. Come give it a try if you'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.