Fall Practice

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like we keep having an olineman being held out for the heck of it all the time now...hopefully the lack of good play is just a result of not having the full starting unit play together at the moment
If that's the case, this will be the third year running. McYet said the O-Line was the strength of the team.
giphy.gif

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Rivals projected offensive depth chart for the Michigan game:

QB
Feleipe Franks
Malik Zaire (Malik Zaire has taken second team snaps for five consecutive practices)
Luke Del Rio

RB
Jordan Scarlett
Lamical Perine OR
Malik Davis
Mark Thompson

WR-X
Josh Hammond (With Callaway out, Josh Hammond has stepped in to take his place with the starters in every practice of fall camp thus far)
Freddie Swain
Brandon Powell

WR-Y
Brandon Powell
Dre Massey
Kadaruis Toney (Kadarius Toney, who is still learning the position, has come on as of late as he has gotten more consistent catching the ball. He is still sort of a wild-card at this time.)

WR-Z
Tyrie Cleveland
Daquon Green (Freshman Daquon Green has taken snaps with the first team offense during this last week in Callaway's absence)
James Robinson

TE
DeAndre Goolsby
C’yontai Lewis
Kemore Gamble (Kemore Gamble has shown that he is more reliable catching the ball, while Moral Stephens has shown the ability to be a better run-blocker.)

LT
Martez Ivey
Stone Forsythe

LG
Brett Heggie
Nick Buchanan

C
T.J. McCoy
Tyler Jordan

RG
Fred Johnson
Andrew Mike

RT
Jawaan Taylor
Ricardo Benalcazar

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Rivals projected defensive depth chart for the Michigan game:

DE
Jabari Zuniga
Jachai Polite OR
Zachary Carter

NT
Taven Bryan
Luke Ancrum (Freshman Kyree Campbell and Luke Ancrum have emerged as reliable backups at defensive tackle.)

DT
Khairi Clark
Kyree Campbell
Tedarrell Slaton

RUSH
CeCe Jefferson
Antonneous Clayton OR Jordan Sherit (Antonneous Clayton has come on recently and could be used primarily as a situational pass-rusher to begin the season.)

SLB
Vosean Joseph
Jeremiah Moon

MLB
David Reese
Cristian Garcia

WLB
Kylan Johnson
Rayshad Jackson

CB
Duke Dawson
Brian Edwards

CB
Joseph Putu (After being told he struggled some in off-season workouts, second year transfer Joseph Putu has stepped into the mix in the middle of fall camp.)
C.J. Henderson (C.J. Henderson has proven to be a reliable option to fill in for Putu.)

(Marco Wilson has been lining up with the starting unit as the nickel corner.)

S
Chauncey Gardner
Brad Stewart
Jaewon Taylor

(True freshman Shawn Davis has been making his way up the depth chart and seeing time with the starters this past week.)

S
Nick Washington
Shawn Davis

NB
Marco Wilson

Last edited:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals projected defensive depth chart for the Michigan game:

DE
Jabari Zuniga
Jachai Polite OR
Zachary Carter

NT
Taven Bryan
Luke Ancrum (Freshman Kyree Campbell and Luke Ancrum have emerged as reliable backups at defensive tackle.)

DT
Khairi Clark
Kyree Campbell
Tedarrell Slaton

RUSH
CeCe Jefferson
Antonneous Clayton OR Jordan Sherit (Antonneous Clayton has come on recently and could be used primarily as a situational pass-rusher to begin the season.)

SLB
Vosean Joseph
Jeremiah Moon

MLB
David Reese
Cristian Garcia

WLB
Kylan Johnson
Rayshad Jackson

CB
Duke Dawson
Brian Edwards

CB
Joseph Putu (After being told he struggled some in off-season workouts, second year transfer Joseph Putu has stepped into the mix in the middle of fall camp.)
C.J. Henderson (C.J. Henderson has proven to be a reliable option to fill in for Putu.)

(Marco Wilson has been lining up with the starting unit as the nickel corner.)

S
Chauncey Gardner
Brad Stewart
Jaewon Taylor

(True freshman Shawn Davis has been making his way up the depth chart and seeing time with the starters this past week.)

S
Nick Washington
Shawn Davis

NB
Marco Wilson

Did Garcia get on scholarship? His play against Iowa in the bowl game, and being 2nd on the depth chart seems to me he's earned it. I love seeing walk-ons earn scholarships.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Did Garcia get on scholarship? His play against Iowa in the bowl game, and being 2nd on the depth chart seems to me he's earned it. I love seeing walk-ons earn scholarships.
Not to mention saving that girl from getting raped. That's deserves a free ride itself

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals projected offensive depth chart for the Michigan game:

QB
Feleipe Franks
Malik Zaire (Malik Zaire has taken second team snaps for five consecutive practices)
Luke Del Rio

RB
Jordan Scarlett
Lamical Perine OR
Malik Davis
Mark Thompson

WR-X
Josh Hammond (With Callaway out, Josh Hammond has stepped in to take his place with the starters in every practice of fall camp thus far)
Freddie Swain
Brandon Powell

WR-Y
Brandon Powell
Dre Massey
Kadaruis Toney (Kadarius Toney, who is still learning the position, has come on as of late as he has gotten more consistent catching the ball. He is still sort of a wild-card at this time.)

WR-Z
Tyrie Cleveland
Daquon Green (Freshman Daquon Green has taken snaps with the first team offense during this last week in Callaway's absence)
James Robinson

TE
DeAndre Goolsby
C’yontai Lewis
Kemore Gamble (Kemore Gamble has shown that he is more reliable catching the ball, while Moral Stephens has shown the ability to be a better run-blocker.)

LT
Martez Ivey
Stone Forsythe

LG
Brett Heggie
Nick Buchanan

C
T.J. McCoy
Tyler Jordan

RG
Fred Johnson
Andrew Mike

RT
Jawaan Taylor
Ricardo Benalcazar
Who the phuck is Benalcazar?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Who the phuck is Benalcazar?

I never heard of him either. From the Gators website:

Joined the Gator football team in the summer of 2015... Transferred from Florida State where he previously walked on to the football team.

BenalcazarMarcel_160212_5011_TimCasey.jpg

Height
6-7
Weight
Class
Sr.
Hometown
Miramar
Highschool
Archbishop McCarthy

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We've got a walk-on our 2 deep? I thought mac fixed our offensive line

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
It's a little late, but Thursday practice notes from TOS:
  • Franks took snaps with the first team.
  • Daquon Green, Brandon Powell, Tyrie Cleveland, and Josh Hammond were the starters at WR.
  • The starting defense was in a nickel formation.
  • On 1st down the offense was in a four receiver set. Franks passed to Scarlett who gained 6 yards after a missed tackle by Putu.
  • 2nd down saw the same 4 receiver set. Perine took the handoff and ran between Heggie and Ivey for an 8 yard gain.
  • 3rd down with the same offensive set, Franks was well protected and sat in the pocket before finding Hammond over the middle for 7 yards.
  • Zaire took snaps with the 2nd team, his receivers were Dre Massey, Freddie Swain, Kadarius Toney, and James Robinson.
  • The 2nd team D-line was Luke Ancrum, Kyree Campbell, Antonneous Clayton, and Zachary Carter with linebackers Cristian Garcia and Rayshad Jackson and DBs C.J. Henderson, Brad Stewart, Quincy Lenton, Brian Edwards, and Donovan Stiner.
  • 1st down Zaire in the shotgun with Thompson at RB completed pass for a short gain to Swain.
  • 2nd down saw a shotgun formation with Thompson and Davis at RB split to the sides of the QB. Thompson gained 5 yards on a run.
  • 3rd down was once again a shotgun formation and Zaire hit Massey for a 15 yard gain.
  • Franks is clearly the leader, he dominated the 1st team defense and made it look easy
  • The D-line struggled against the O-line and protection was good.
  • The LBs and DBs had some issues with tackling.
  • Callaway had been greeting each teammate as they got off the bus at practice. Now that Callaway is no longer practicing, Scarlett has taken over that role. Hopefully, that display of leadership fits Scarlett better than it fit Callaway.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We've got a walk-on our 2 deep? I thought mac fixed our offensive line
It's going to take several more years before the OL is "fixed". They have enough bodies now. The next step is to get the right size and talent. Then coach em up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac: “I’ve been really kind of pleased with how the guys that were here kind of accepted the challenge when Malik came in. I like the way Malik prepares. In other words, looking at it as he’s really competing against himself, and he truly understands what that means. I wish every player got that, because you’re never competing against anybody. You’re actually competing against yourself. Your ability to go out and perform. From a mindset standpoint, that to me is what it’s all about. You’ve got to throw all the exterior stuff away in whatever it is you’re doing and focus on what you do. That’s the one thing each one of us can control, what we do. Not worry about this and that, but actually focus on whatever that rep is, whatever that task is we’re doing that do, and do it to best of our ability. I see our kinds in that quarterback room kind of figuring that out.”
-----------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like Mac is impressed with Zaire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator