Fall Practice

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well at least Mac is out there saying we are going to beat the heck out of Michigan.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I think the O-line will be fine, if everyone stays healthy...If we have enough major injuries at key positions, it could get ugly real quick...Does anyone know when the last time we had all five offensive lineman start every game in a single season? We probably had a pretty good year that year....

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think the O-line will be fine, if everyone stays healthy...If we have enough major injuries at key positions, it could get ugly real quick...Does anyone know when the last time we had all four offensive lineman start every game in a single season? We probably had a pretty good year that year....
Well there's our problem right there. We've only been playing four on the line.
But seriously folks. Going all year hoping for no injuries on the line is like playing Russian roulette.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think the O-line will be fine, if everyone stays healthy...If we have enough major injuries at key positions, it could get ugly real quick...Does anyone know when the last time we had all four offensive lineman start every game in a single season? We probably had a pretty good year that year....
I would guess , if it happens, it would be very rare for all OL starters to start every game. Those guys are always getting nicked, poked in the eye, rolled on etc.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think we would be better off with Jordan playing RG than Fred Johnson. He was struggling with a 250 pound walk-on D lineman in the spring game and we keep hearing the O line is having some issues with the defense in practice. I wonder if Johnson is the one really struggling.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Well there's our problem right there. We've only been playing four on the line.
But seriously folks. Going all year hoping for no injuries on the line is like playing Russian roulette.

I fixed it sorry forgot the center..

I think we would be better off with Jordan playing RG than Fred Johnson. He was struggling with a 250 pound walk-on D lineman in the spring game and we keep hearing the O line is having some issues with the defense in practice. I wonder if Johnson is the one really struggling.
I am really wishing that this is true, and that the coaches don't want to single out a player and say that the group is struggling to cover that.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
DHtB3GzXcAEO_gb.jpg:large

This is our wide receiver corp:

89 Cleveland, 18 Green, 17 Toney, 10 Hammond, 85 Robinson, 44 Nordman, 38 Oelrich, 16 Swain
39 Mesenger and 43 Jarriel (of FSU propaganda film fame), 48 Merisier, 4 Powell, 9 Massey

Robinson is huge compared to everyone else in that picture. Robinson is listed at 6-4 and 205. Cleveland is listed at 6-2 and 205, but he doesn't look nearly as big as Robinson.

It's telling that Toney is included in the receivers group photo. It looks like his experiment at QB has officially ended.

It's also telling that Callaway is not in the photo.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
DHtB3GzXcAEO_gb.jpg:large

This is our wide receiver corp:

89 Cleveland, 18 Green, 17 Toney, 10 Hammond, 85 Robinson, 44 Nordman, 38 Oelrich, 16 Swain
39 Mesenger and 43 Jarriel (of FSU propaganda film fame), 48 Merisier, 4 Powell, 9 Massey

Robinson is huge compared to everyone else in that picture. Robinson is listed at 6-4 and 205. Cleveland is listed at 6-2 and 205, but he doesn't look nearly as big as Robinson.

It's telling that Toney is included in the receivers group photo. It looks like his experiment at QB has officially ended.

It's also telling that Callaway is not in the photo.

Good.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Done carrying the ball, not done playing. How about him on special teams as a lead blocker on returns for example.
Sure, ok. Not sure if that's what he wants to do but ok. How about LB? Since we're looking around for him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure where to put this without starting a separate thread, great kid....and well, well deserving!!

Senior walk-on LB Christian Garcia put on scholarship:

-lIJfi7I_bigger.jpg
C-GAR‏@CrisGarcia99
Extremely proud to say that Coach mac put me on full scholarship this afternoon. Words can't describe how grateful I am. #ForeverFlorida

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looks like Michigan isn't to confident with the secondary

Hopefully we'll play a QB who can take advantage of them and not one who loves to throw 7 yrd passes ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator