Fall Practice

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Michigan isn't to confident with the secondary

Hopefully we'll play a QB who can take advantage of them and not one who loves to throw 7 yrd passes ;)

The assessment I heard was that they would be fantastic on the line but would probably struggle in the back 7. They also alluded to the inexperience possible causing issues if they dial up the exotic blitzes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The assessment I heard was that they would be fantastic on the line but would probably struggle in the back 7. They also alluded to the inexperience possible causing issues if they dial up the exotic blitzes.

The DL is the key here, so they'll probably be just fine. That '06 line made Ryan Smith and Reggie Lewis look like All-Americans, and the Wolverines have a lot of talent there. If we can't run effectively, I'm not sure the youth in their secondary will even matter.

If the reports on the secondary are accurate, and not just typical fall camp coach speak, they'll probably just play a lot of softer coverages and try to keep everything in front of them.

Unless of course, you know who gets the start. Then they'll just play a safety roughly 85 yards back and dare us to throw.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Michigan isn't to confident with the secondary

Hopefully we'll hire an OC who can take advantage of them and not one who loves to throw 7 yrd passes

FIFY.

I dont know what to say, really. Does it even matter if they play DBs? With this worse than Musschump offense? If they had the DBs of North Texas or FIU would it matter? Of course not. Would it matter if we had young Tom Bradys and Danny Wuerrfels on the roster? Of course not.

This OC is what he is and dont think that Meatchicken doesnt know it better than any other team who isnt Trailerbammer.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where the heck is Rick Wells?
Good question.
He's not in that picture with all the other WRs. Maybe he was studying? :lol:
At this point it looks like his Gator career could be short-lived, remembered only for the BB gun incident, and helping to land Cleveland.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

They will probably still be good at LB also. Regardless if their secondary is their weak point Don Brown just blitzes anyway. His thinking is you leave your secondary in more danger by leaving them out there longer even if you are covering the receivers man to man.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna say that most defensive backfields are going to have trouble sticking with our speedy WRs man to man (we've got 2 tall ones.) So, are we gonna have a QB who can hit them consistently. Maybe Franks can fire it in there, timed right during there stride for YACs? If our OL holds (without holding:confused:) Franks could do it.

Also, I do not see how predominantly blitzing will squelch a varied offense. This UM collection of too little experienced "teammates" can't possibly be more "ready" than us for this big stage ... ..... they have to have weak-holes to take advantage of. I'm thinking sports spundips are swallowing hook, line & sinker that old favoritism for the Big 10. As well as "nobody's caught on to Harbaugh's projected semblance of a bang-up HC due to his "glamour effect" ... coming from the NFL, coming to his alma mater, his roving high school practice trips, their Italy vacation, yet no COY trophys?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna say that most defensive backfields are going to have trouble sticking with our speedy WRs man to man (we've got 2 tall ones.) So, are we gonna have a QB who can hit them consistently. Maybe Franks can fire it in there, timed right during there stride for YACs? If our OL holds (without holding:confused:) Franks could do it.

Also, I do not see how predominantly blitzing will squelch a varied offense. This UM collection of too little experienced "teammates" can't possibly be more "ready" than us for this big stage ... ..... they have to have weak-holes to take advantage of. I'm thinking sports spundips are swallowing hook, line & sinker that old favoritism for the Big 10. As well as "nobody's caught on to Harbaugh's projected semblance of a bang-up HC due to his "glamour effect" ... coming from the NFL, coming to his alma mater, his roving high school practice trips, their Italy vacation, yet no COY trophys?

Well we do get lucky having all this time to prepare for this blitz crazy defense. Its a lot better than only having a week to prepare for it.

I wouldn't underestimate Don Brown's defenses however as he took Boston College of all teams from the # 93 total defense to the # 12 total defense to the # 1 total defense and then came to Michigan and had the # 2 total defense his first year there. The BC success alone tells you he must be a pretty good DC.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Youre stoned. IIt is like youve never watched a Nusschump offense.

Swonky, please, I am well aware of Nuss's dismal resume of ever continuous egregious failure. Nuss should have gotten the Kelvin Taylor neck chop dramatics at his firing 1 or 2 years ago. But surely these fleet-footed WRs will get open enough that a line-drive throwing Franks can hit them before the DBs can react. It's time the players' love of good football gets expressed over the lacks of Nuss. C'mon Swonky, give us a smidgin of something that will work for UF, please.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I think we have a good mismatch of our WRs & TEs on their DBs & LBs. I really feel like we could rack it up against them. The biggest problem is Nuss' play calling. There's been spurts where it's been really good. @Tenn last year in the first half. That's the play calling we need. It will definitely knock my confidence down a lot if I keep hearing DelRio is the starter.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Is there any rhyme or reason as to how they line up the players for the team picture? It just seems kind of random to have different numbers all over the place and different position groups etc. I would get it if it went by height but it doesnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb