Founding Member
They can't even line up correctly. Look how off-center they are. :lol:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he's suspended from all team activities, he will not be part of team pictures taken during his suspension from team activities.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
If he's suspended from all team activities, he will not be part of team pictures taken during his suspension from team activities.
Is anybody else concerned that these 7 suspensions will bite us at some point this season? It seems like everybody is glossing over this and saying oh well you only lost one starter. However, to me its deeper than that. When is the last time Florida could go into a game full strength without suspensions, injuries, or being under the total allotment of true scholarship athletes i.e. not walkons. I find it very concerning.

Although we might be able to get past the Michigan game with these suspensions mainly due to the fact that everybody else should be healthy and ready to go, its a whole different story to go an entire season without 10 percent of your roster especially when injuries start to accrue. If these suspensions start lingering into the year and aren't resolved I do think its possible it comes back to bite us unfortunately. It's good to have reliable starters which we seemingly have, but guys like Smith and Davis were dudes who provided depth/ rotation minutes which is hugely important especially when they can give offenses different personnel matchups/looks i.e. both are taller while a guy like Jefferson is shorter but excels in his own way. Same goes for guys like Telfort at OT or Miller at Lb who seemed to be progressing well and providing depth. Its almost a psychological thing to me in that we already are at a competitive disadvantage now due to the suspensions creating a disparity in roster numbers between us and our opponents. I would like to be able to go into a game where we and our opponents start off at the same playing field instead of starting off with a chink in our armor.

I looked at the Meyer championship rosters not too long ago and was not surprised to find that Meyer had great depth seemingly everywhere particularly the DLINE. In those years, we seemingly never went into a game where we were overmatched personnel or numbers wise. Im hoping Im just being overly analytical here and the suspensions get resolved in due time making this a non issue.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is anybody else concerned that these 7 suspensions will bite us at some point this season? It seems like everybody is glossing over this and saying oh well you only lost one starter. However, to me its deeper than that. When is the last time Florida could go into a game full strength without suspensions, injuries, or being under the total allotment of true scholarship athletes i.e. not walkons. I find it very concerning.

Although we might be able to get past the Michigan game with these suspensions mainly due to the fact that everybody else should be healthy and ready to go, its a whole different story to go an entire season without 10 percent of your roster especially when injuries start to accrue. If these suspensions start lingering into the year and aren't resolved I do think its possible it comes back to bite us unfortunately. It's good to have reliable starters which we seemingly have, but guys like Smith and Davis were dudes who provided depth/ rotation minutes which is hugely important especially when they can give offenses different personnel matchups/looks i.e. both are taller while a guy like Jefferson is shorter but excels in his own way. Same goes for guys like Telfort at OT or Miller at Lb who seemed to be progressing well and providing depth. Its almost a psychological thing to me in that we already are at a competitive disadvantage now due to the suspensions creating a disparity in roster numbers between us and our opponents. I would like to be able to go into a game where we and our opponents start off at the same playing field instead of starting off with a chink in our armor.

I looked at the Meyer championship rosters not too long ago and was not surprised to find that Meyer had great depth seemingly everywhere particularly the DLINE. In those years, we seemingly never went into a game where we were overmatched personnel or numbers wise. Im hoping Im just being overly analytical here and the suspensions get resolved in due time making this a non issue.
Just my two cents.

I think people assume everyone except maybe Smith and Callaway will at least be back by the 3rd game.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think people assume everyone except maybe Houston and Callaway will at least be back by the 3rd game.

Why Houston? I thought Smith was the one up Shlt's Creek.

Yes, these suspensions will only impact game 1. We need the depth, and Telfort for OL depth. He's one of our top 7 or 8 OL's.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why Houston? I thought Smith was the one up Shlt's Creek.

Yes, these suspensions will only impact game 1. We need the depth, and Telfort for OL depth. He's one of our top 7 or 8 OL's.

Got confused there.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I thought you said we were going to run them out of the building? Which is it?
If we were at full strength I'd be more confident. Im starting to think these suspensions have a bigger impact than we think which is why Im starting to feel a little more hesitant now. With that said, I still think we can and probably should win this game but maybe not by double score.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
If we were at full strength I'd be more confident. Im starting to think these suspensions have a bigger impact than we think which is why Im starting to feel a little more hesitant now. With that said, I still think we can and probably should win this game but maybe not by double score.

Based on one starter out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.