Favorite Gator Legacy Players

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He's a legacy?

I seem to remember he was. Part of an article follows:

Growing up Gator

Monday
Posted Dec 25, 2006 at 12:01 AM

By PAT DOOLEY They aren’t really dreams. They are fantasies. Dreams? They’re about running down the street in your underwear or the recurring one about the blank computer screen with two minutes left until deadline.
To dream this, ah, you’d have to think about it all the time. Maybe that’s what he did. Maybe that’s why he woke up this Christmas morning with his dream still coming true.

Imagine you are a Westwood Middle School student with a best friend named Chris Bucciarelli who has great tickets to Gator games. You go there knowing that your team is going to win. Your team plays for championships. Your team wins championships. It’s heady stuff when you are 11, 12.

That’s when you start the dream.

“My best friend Chris would always take me to the game and I’d dream about playing for the Gators,” Billy Latsko said. “It’s just an awesome feeling now to have grown up and be part of what is happening.”

Awesome? Isn’t there a stronger word? Maybe not.

For a third-generation Gator who grew up just outside the shadow of The Swamp in northwest Gainesville, can it get much better?

His father played at UF. His father’s father played at UF. He went to that stadium and cheered for Danny and Doering, for Ike and Reidel. He was devastated when the trip to Tempe went bad and exhilarated when the rematch in New Orleans netted a championship.

Perhaps this is not a legacy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember he was. Part of an article follows:

Growing up Gator

Monday
Posted Dec 25, 2006 at 12:01 AM

By PAT DOOLEY They aren’t really dreams. They are fantasies. Dreams? They’re about running down the street in your underwear or the recurring one about the blank computer screen with two minutes left until deadline.
To dream this, ah, you’d have to think about it all the time. Maybe that’s what he did. Maybe that’s why he woke up this Christmas morning with his dream still coming true.

Imagine you are a Westwood Middle School student with a best friend named Chris Bucciarelli who has great tickets to Gator games. You go there knowing that your team is going to win. Your team plays for championships. Your team wins championships. It’s heady stuff when you are 11, 12.

That’s when you start the dream.

“My best friend Chris would always take me to the game and I’d dream about playing for the Gators,” Billy Latsko said. “It’s just an awesome feeling now to have grown up and be part of what is happening.”

Awesome? Isn’t there a stronger word? Maybe not.

For a third-generation Gator who grew up just outside the shadow of The Swamp in northwest Gainesville, can it get much better?

His father played at UF. His father’s father played at UF. He went to that stadium and cheered for Danny and Doering, for Ike and Reidel. He was devastated when the trip to Tempe went bad and exhilarated when the rematch in New Orleans netted a championship.

Perhaps this is not a legacy.

That's pretty cool. I don't know he was one.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
That's pretty cool. I don't know he was one.

And now you do. I liked him as a player and as a person so I guess I followed him more closely than some others. I believe he was a walk on at one point as well.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
And now you do. I liked him as a player and as a person so I guess I followed him more closely than some others. I believe he was a walk on at one point as well.

He was a walk on. I believe he earned a scholarship prior to his junior year, if memory serves correctly. His production at FB and special teams made him a blue collar hero. I think he recovered 1 or 2 fumbles on KO coverage that were overruled during the ref$u game in 03. It made meyer's domination of f$u that much sweeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.