Feleipe Franks

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Amazingly called game.
I agree with most. Franks has definitely grown up-- a very, very pleasant surprise. I'll eat crow right now because I didn't believe it would occur. It shows just how bad Mack really was. A completely worthless clown.

I thought Mullen "spit the bit" a little after making the first down on 4th down close to the end zone. He should have gone for the end zone and it ended up looking like the Chump playing for a field goal. But what the hell, it was a terrific win and our defense, which I was worried about after Ky, kicked their a$$es.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Franks isn't as bad as many thought, he just needed a Coach who can actually Coach!
Absolutely right! Made a great downfield throw and great catch that was called back on that holding call. He kept his head all night. It is evident that the previous coach deserves to be beaten within an inch of his life.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That bomb that got called back for holding was a beautiful pass. To bad that one did not stick.
At first I thought it was probably a bogus holding call (I saw several uncalled obvious holdings against us) but Jordan was holding on "for dear life" on that play. It was a great pass and catch.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That pic of that bimbo is going viral. :lol:
We don't call amply endowed, Florida Gator fans bimbos. It isn't couth :). My wife said sarcastically, "well, isn't she pretty."

It reminded me of when my mother would comment about Marilyn Monroe, "well, she's just a sex pot." My brother and I would just look at each other and say, yeah, what's the complaint?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As one of his greatest detractors coming into the season, I'm effectively putting a muzzle on my own beak the rest of the season over this guy. 22-of-31 for 219 on the road.

All he does it get better and better against all odds. Mullen's extracted every ounce of efficiency possible. Amazing.

Mullen with Franks raising our FF's QB-ceiling ? Time to start Pierce but batter defenses with the others too. Have Franks firing longer passes to our sure-handed receivers.

Excuse me! Gators are never bimbos.

You're looking at Franks' new girlfriend - she's sniffed just the possible NFL money.
Bimbos & boobs abound. She can always fall back on "sexual assault".

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Loved the win and am impressed with 2018 Franks vs last year. He has definitely developed. All his stats are trending in the right direction. But he's nowhere near where we need him to be. Right now instead of the worst QB in the SEC he's simply average. Yes, I understand Mullen is developing him slowly. But he needs to be able to produce 300+ yards and he's averaging about 200.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I basically trashed Franks over the off season and was confident he would never amount to anything. I figured he would be benched by the third game. I was WRONG. I am so happy to be wrong. Mullen was not my guy and I was pretty vocal about it. Im not sure if he returns us to the glory days but right now I am thankful we hired him. God I love being wrong right now.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I basically trashed Franks over the off season and was confident he would never amount to anything. I figured he would be benched by the third game. I was WRONG. I am so happy to be wrong. Mullen was not my guy and I was pretty vocal about it. Im not sure if he returns us to the glory days but right now I am thankful we hired him. God I love being wrong right now.
This. Every word of it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks passing percentage went up 5 % points.

He’s now at 57.1% on the year
I laugh when I think back to how the "brain trust" used him last year, the poor kid standing and standing in a collapsing pocket waiting for a receiver running a lazy route to get open on an obvious passing down. Just pathetic.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
There is a reason MULLEN is coach and not me.

I'll be eating crow the rest of the season.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Does this improvement in Franks scare off any of the current QB commits we have or Emory? Franks still has 2 years left to play, before the season i'd figured at this point it would be Emory's team. Glad to see Franks playing better, he's taken a ton of criticism and he's used it as motivation to get better. He still has a looooong way to go, but he is improving.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
There is a reason MULLEN is coach and not me.

I'll be eating crow the rest of the season.
MY comments about the bubble screens were TIC but it was amazing how well the went for so long in the game. Great blocking and execution out there. I love the growth FF has shown under this QB savant called Dan. I felt like he would run better this year but maybe its because he is not running for his life anymore. I am happy for this group of kids. They are realizing their potential and becoming a real family that believes in the coach and themselves.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Does this improvement in Franks scare off any of the current QB commits we have or Emory?
Maybe, so many feel entitled now they quickly transfer if they aint the starter but the smart ones will see the coaching Dan does with QBs and think "maybe he can be the coach I need to become the best I can be"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.