Felipe Franks - "I'm going there to start."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It was frustrating as hell. Statistically we were outplaying them well into the 4th quarter. More yards, first downs, etc. Missed FGs, missed red zone chances, missed big play opportunities. Eventually you have to make a play if you're gonna win. We didn't need many, just a few and we couldn't get them. That safety was a perfect example.
Yeah, it was painful to watch.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Corey_Bender: #LSU HC Les Miles and OC Cam Cameron to have in-home visit tonight w/ #Gators QB commit Feleipe Franks. They'll also be at Franks' practice.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The oline is bad, but they gave Treon enough time on Saturday to make plays. It's not their fault that he refuses to pull the trigger when a guy is open or when he does misses him by 10 yards. Look at I believe our second drive. Calloway was wide open down the sideline for what should have been a touchdown and he under-threw him by 10 yards. When he rolls out he waits until our guy is essentially out of bounds before he throws it. He just flat out can't see the crossing routes as we had guys open all night on them. A couple of them had a lot of space to run on a simple 5-10 yard route and he could not see it or panicked and took off. Where is the guy that ran forward last year and broke ankles those last few games. This year he is playing scared and not to get hurt. hell I would rather him throw a ball up for grabs in the end zone rather than fall down on 4th down. He has only completed three big league passes this year. The first on the crossing route to DRob against LSU and the two prayers to Calloway against LSU and UGA that went for scores.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
@Corey_Bender: #LSU HC Les Miles and OC Cam Cameron to have in-home visit tonight w/ #Gators QB commit Feleipe Franks. They'll also be at Franks' practice.
Not sure how much they can say though. This same situation will happen again next year with Miles because I don't believe the two of them will change their ways. He can't look him in the eyes and say that he will be there two years from now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"I promise I'll be there as long as they'll have me". :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Treon has any trust in the OLine, which is part of the problem also.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Treon has any trust in the OLine, which is part of the problem also.
I agree. Just like Driskel, he's at the point where he's looking for an escape route first, then worries about trying to find a receiver, after it's already too late.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Eason coming in for a 2 day visit does not chase Frank's away like Mike Davis/Keith Marshall.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. Just like Driskel, he's at the point where he's looking for an escape route first, then worries about trying to find a receiver, after it's already too late.
I think the entire offense is probably lacking confidence right now. We start making mistakes when we get in crucial situations. Bad snaps, false starts, dropped balls, errant throws, etc..

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the entire offense is probably lacking confidence right now. We start making mistakes when we get in crucial situations. Bad snaps, false starts, dropped balls, errant throws, etc..
Yep, the exact opposite of how we started the season...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This makes me think eason contacted the coaching staff.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What is he not confident in himself?

Watch the film on both QBs. Franks is way behind Eason at this point in their careers. I don't want to say he isn't confident in himself, but it's apparent the guy isn't stupid when it comes to realistically evaluating his chances against Eason.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think I read somewhere that Muschamp's staff messed up his brother's recruitment, so I think the UF relationship can be exploited by LSU. We have no idea the dynamics of the situation, but I hope Mac is handling the situation and not delegating to Nuss. I hope Del Rio is the real deal, because we could miss out on a top QB this cycle.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Franks needs to understand we need QB depth, and we need it now. It's not personal, it's business.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i think i know you meant jaymac but hes busy with the kicker at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online