Felipe Franks vs Malik Zaire

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, who's it going to be? Looks like Malik's presence has lit a fire under Franks.

So who's it going to be? You know - assuming that Del Rio isn't on the IR @URGatorBait :stickpoke:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Feleipe Franks doesn't even know what a playbook is. Twitter user @G8RS4LYFE69 said he sees him partying it up at the bingo hall every weekend.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turn that around and book it.
I'm all for either getting the nod, however, while it's good that Zaire is pushing Franks harder this summer, and I hope that pans out...unless Franks just goes off in fall practices and becomes the unquestioned leader, I think Zaire gets it at least for the meatchicken game. Franks could play, could even steal the starting spot at some point during the season. We'll learn more over the next few weeks as we see how practice goes leading up to game 1.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
yawn.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Franks is on the career arc of a big armed guy who either does not play or plays poorly when he is forced into action. My guess is that the UF QB pecking order according to the coaches is:

1. Malik
2. DelRio
3. Franks
4. Allen
5. Toney
6. Trask

My own view of what the pecking order should be based on clearly limited information is:

1. Malik
2. Trask
3. Allen
4. Franks
5. Toney
6. DelRio

My view is 1 and 2 are really close and I could see switching them. My view on Trask is that he looked like a QB in his first spring game without the coaches stacking the deck in his favor ala Franks this year. Then he was hurt but played this spring game.

Of course since Malik based on his history is quite likely to get hurt at some point this season, we will likely see two or more of these QBs and see McElwain's pecking order

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Meh,..just win.

This. I'm not overly concerned about who starts.

I want competition to breed excellence. I want an offense that is more exciting than watching paint dry... and one that doesn't beg the D to secure the win.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The players are all lining up behind Zaire.

There's little doubt in my mind that he will be the starter.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That Franks needed a "fire lit" makes me glad Corral is on the horizon...

I'm not seeing nearly the commitment I expect out of that position. Now, I have no idea of the inner workings of the program – so he could be completely killing it. But there's nothing that had been pointing to that other than the recent information that's come out

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If this is indeed true, then I don't want Franks to be the starter. A good QB is motivated enough by just wanting to win. QBs can get complaint and play poorly if they care more about starting.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Quite a list we have this year and a better one next year. One or two of those guys will be able to drive this club down the field this year. The O-line should be better, and that almost always makes the QB look like he knows what he's doing. Throw Toney in there in cat situations to rattle the D. Running game should look pretty good. Let our stud WRs get free and fire the guns of Franks, Zaire, Trask... Gonna be FUN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator