FEMA Fraud

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Uncle Rob, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Uncle Rob

Uncle Rob Member

Oxbucks:
    $5
    Ratings:
    +76 / -4
    I am hearing from a coworker about workers who live with their parents and are filing FEMA claims for lost food in their refrigerators and generator gasoline costs, when they don't own a refrigerator and never lost power. He told me that his son's girl friend made a claim on his address! She doesn't even live there! The figure I am hearing is $1300 per claim. There are no morals in this country. Totally disgusted.

2. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,942 / -7
    I'm hearing the same stories. I know people (I once respected) who are lying through their teeth to get some money. I've listened to them brag firsthand. I haven't said anything in response.

The next time I hear one of them complain about people on govt assistance or on welfare, I gonna blast them with the reality of their hypocrisy.

3. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,942 / -7
    Let me say that I have no issue with people making truthful claims. I'd rather my taxpayer money be used to help my neighbors than shipped to Iran on a pallet.....

4. TheDouglas78

TheDouglas78 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / -28
    I haven't filed a claim, but my insurance company told me I should for the damage that we received. I'm going to see if it is something I can repair myself first (and how much out of pocket it would be). We lost about $300 in food, and $800 in trees, not including the house/fence damage. But we decided to only ask if it's needed.

5. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,942 / -7
    File a claim.

I'd rather you get money for a legit claim than others get money for a false one.

6. TheDouglas78

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / -28
    what I hate is my buddy had an Oak tree fall on his house, and fema denied his claim. I know he was out of pocket $2000 on the Monday after the storm.

7. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,942 / -7
    Yeah. Not quite sure what all goes into factoring what gets approved. Hate it for your friend.

8. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    You should see what's happened with BP oil shakedown funds

9. TheDouglas78

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / -28
    Had a "service" center in the plaza next to the barber shop I used to go to... watched a church van roll up and empty out to go in one day. The paster lead them in, and that was 3 years after the fact.

10. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    It's ridiculous the "lost business" I've seen

11. Lake Gator

Lake Gator Money talks, Coaches walk.
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $9
    Ratings:
    +1,834 / -18
    I lost trees. Lost some soffit on overhang. Lived without power for over 2 days. Waiting on chainsaw return from repair shop to start serious clean-up. It never occurred to me to seek recompense from FEMA. Figure I have insurance for big ticket items and hurricane damage is just part of life living in Gator country.

12. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $80
    Ratings:
    +4,143 / -187
    We have had damage at the river house multiple times. Never got a penny. We just throw sh#t away put in new carpet and
    start again,.