Few saw McElwain's other side at Colorado State

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
All I can say is this guy fooled Jeremy Foley HARD in interviews. It becomes more and more obvious that Foley didn't do his due diligence on Mac. Why hasn't someone shoved a microphone in his face and asked him about this firing?

Foley suddenly has nothing to say.

Are you shocked that Fooley got fooled or did not do his due diligence? he did the same thing with Zook and sort of with Muschamp. he either looked at records or numbers, or who he knew, etc. Fooley has no idea how to get to the crux of a candidate when it comes to football, I repeat football. I don't buy the argument that Butters was really the only guy available that year. If you know what you are doing, you find the under the rock guys. Fooley never had the bloodhound mentality to find the real thing.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
And yet, when Gator Nation referred to him by nicknames like Butters, Butterteeth & McButters, he got all butthurt...go figure! :lmao2:

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Buddy Martin quote:

Pressure. Excruciating pressure. Unrealistic expectations by the fan base. The demand for overnight success and an unwillingness to allow time for building a program from the ground up or remodeling after a disappointing season. There is almost no margin for error because of the high salary.

That is such bull****.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Shark ****er.

Don't worry, Jack Del Rio will have a spot of some sort for him on his staff in Vegas next year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Buddy Martin quote:

That is such bull****.
Buddy Martin nailed it.............Buddy didnt just fall off the hay wagon. He has written and followed gator football longer than most here have been alive.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Another reason why it appears he wanted out so bad. Shyt rolls down hill and he can back out of it as he backed into 2 SECE Titles. Perhaps, did he leaked this bad information to get out of his contract as he gambled that UF would settle?

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
Buddy Martin quote:

That is such bull****.

I am so feekin’ sick and tired of “our” media continuing to push the “Florida Fans are rabid and unrealistic” narrative. The UAA and the new coach need to call out the A-Holes and set the narrative straight. BS.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I think Mac won't find a soft landing spot like Muschamp or Zooker. While those two were eqaually as incompetent as Shark Humper, they were perceived as hard workers and pleasant to work with.

I think those in the know see Mac not only as a failure but as an @sshat. Not a good combo.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Buddy Martin nailed it.............Buddy didnt just fall off the hay wagon. He has written and followed gator football longer than most here have been alive.
None of us are surprised you agree with that old geezer all the way. He did everything but mention 0-10-1 in his article while ripping the fan base.

:pe:

Hey folgies, Spurrier changed the perception of Gator football and raised the bar. FOREVER. Deal with it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On what paper was he a homerun hire? Because he coached at bama? Nothing about him screamed homerun.
Agreed. Never a home run. McElwain was a lazy fly ball slicing foul. Foley, who was a baseball player, should have recognized this. Instead, he caught the pop-up and was like...

images

...2-1/2 years later, our fan base, collectively, was...

images

Thank goodness that mess is over. Batter up...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
buddy of mine who used to work at the UAA and now works at another SEC school told me that the good ol' boy schtick that Mac always had in front of the media was a sham. Said he was actually pretty manipulating and calculating, and would pretty much throw anyone under the bus to get his way. He may be great with his players, but my buddy didn't seem to think much of the way he treated the UAA staff.

Take it for what's it's worth

I have heard this on many occasions since the end of the 2015 season.... He has a very Dr. Jeckyl/Mr Hyde persona depending on what you are working on and if you are currently useful to him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac won't find a soft landing spot like Muschamp or Zooker. While those two were eqaually as incompetent as Shark Humper, they were perceived as hard workers and pleasant to work with.

I think those in the know see Mac not only as a failure but as an @sshat. Not a good combo.
not to mention the other two had strengths. Zooker was a great recruiter and Chimp was a good recruiter and a good defensive coordinator.

Butters literally isn't good at anything.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Before the death threats thing he would be an easy hire for the west coast, they don't follow the SEC as much and his record is winning. He has two division titles. It would be easy sell for a West Coast middle tier school. Once the "Death Threats" became national media, he damaged his reputation.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Nailed it? He "nailed it" after it happened. None of those baffoons called McElwain out until about 10 days ago or less. You are right, Buddy Martin has been around UF football a long time, and his arrogance is annoying, to say the least.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
None of us are surprised you agree with that old geezer all the way. He did everything but mention 0-10-1 in his article while ripping the fan base.

:pe:

Hey folgies, Spurrier changed the perception of Gator football and raised the bar. FOREVER. Deal with it.
I swear to God some people cannot stand a little back splash from somebody older.
wtf fck is a folgie? I guess old people that drink Folgers. Spurrier changed it for certain. We have many newbies in the fan base that think they are experts, much like the UK basketball fan base.
an excessively conservative or old-fashioned person, especially one who is intellectually dull (usually preceded by old): The board of directors were old fogies still living in the 19th century. Origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.