Few saw McElwain's other side at Colorado State

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I swear to God some people cannot stand a little back splash from somebody older.
wtf fck is a folgie? I guess old people that drink Folgers. Spurrier changed it for certain. We have many newbies in the fan base that think they are experts, much like the UK basketball fan base.
Get off my lawn stephen. :)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The fan base hears enough of that crap from outsiders, we don't need it from our own.
That is rich. I hear more garbage in here about how bad we are in one day than our rivals spew in a week,.........But I guess I am paying attention...........sounds to me some folks can criticize like experts but cannot take a little

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Get off my lawn stephen. :)
:lmao:
get-off-my-lawn.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I swear to God some people cannot stand a little back splash from somebody older.
wtf fck is a folgie? I guess old people that drink Folgers. Spurrier changed it for certain. We have many newbies in the fan base that think they are experts, much like the UK basketball fan base.
I’m 50 years old and attended my game at 4 years old. Sat in the same seat at Florida Field for damn near 30 years. Florida fans are no different from fans at any other top 10 program. We expect to be able to win every week, no matter who we line up against. We expect a functional offense, defense and special teams. We expect to have recruiting classes that are reflective of a top 10 program. None of that is entitlement...it’s realistic expectations. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your ass.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I’m 50 years old and attended my game at 4 years old. Sat in the same seat at Florida Field for damn near 30 years. Florida fans are no different from fans at any other top 10 program. We expect to be able to win every week, no matter who we line up against. We expect a functional offense, defense and special teams. We expect to have recruiting classes that are reflective of a top 10 program. None of that is entitlement...it’s realistic expectations. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your ass.
:popcorn::burn:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
None of us are surprised you agree with that old geezer all the way. He did everything but mention 0-10-1 in his article while ripping the fan base.

:pe:

Hey folgies, Spurrier changed the perception of Gator football and raised the bar. FOREVER. Deal with it.

Some old fogies, who lived through 0-10-1 and watched Spurrier when he played at UF, as happy as can be with the events of the past week. (Loss to Georgia not included). I would admit to being initially optimistic about McElwain's hire but the lack of progress/improvement quickly became evident. As a friend said one Saturday in the recent past "even the wins are no fun to watch".

So, not every old guy has low expectations for Gator athletics.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:worried: Here is the reality. We have a few in the fan base that are perpetually pizzed off and always looking for a reason to bch and pizzz and moan...........I'm sorry if I point that out...........actually it is funny to me. You would think they would all be dancing on the sideline now that the evil moronic "butters" has finally melted away. hell no, we gotta find somebody to be angry at who just happens to be one of the best authors and recorders of SEC and gator football. If this is all you have to whine about then I guess we should all be :trux:...............and leave my azzz alone..............:peabody:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think the folks complaining about our fanbase are hurting our program. Recruits read these forums and we don't need you to bad mouth UF's fans. I hope you all stop and realize the damage you're doing.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So, not every old guy has low expectations for Gator athletics.
My expectations are sky high for our team. It is why I never lost hope through the years we were abysmal......I remain optimistic all the time until the writing is so legible on the wall it cannot be ignored. If you are my coach or wear the colors im your biggest fan..........if they hire somebody else then Mr Else is my guy...............I dont need to play the "i can make up a better derogatory name than you" game or compete to diss our program in the most absurd way. I figure rivals are more into that sort of thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,harumph harumph

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's an "Official Thanks Mac" thread on swamp gas. What a joke! Thanks for what? 3 years of sh*tty football? Yeah, no thanks!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's an "Official Thanks Mac" thread on swamp gas. What a joke! Thanks for what? 3 years of sh*tty football? Yeah, no thanks!

Not quite 3 thanks to SS, but pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Crazy it's all coming out NOW. We got duped.
Not "we" got duped. Foley got duped. The man took the easy way out. He was so enamored with the prospect of hiring a Saban disciple that he shoved a contract under McElwain's nose before the ink dried (so to speak). Thing is, nobody else was clamoring for McElwain. That should have set off some bells in Foley's mind.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not "we" got duped. Foley got duped. The man took the easy way out. He was so enamored with the prospect of hiring a Saban disciple that he shoved a contract under McElwain's nose before the ink dried (so to speak). Thing is, nobody else was clamoring for McElwain. That should have set off some bells in Foley's mind.
JF played "Jack" and traded away our cow for some magic beans, not once, not twice, but three times. The beanstalk never sprouted. Seems like the livestock is now in better hands.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fooly got fooled

Fans got played for a season, but figured it out... ‘you’re welcome Team’ who had your back now... :lol3:

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
It's plain as day now that Foley didn't do his job. These are the types of things that you only find out from actually talking with people about said coach. It's homework that should have been done and obviously wasn't. Foley just went and had dinner with the man and made the decision at that point instead of doing the legwork that these things require.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Can’t believe that guy:

1. Said fan expectations are unrealistic. Is it too much to ask for something better than a “3 & out” offense?

2. Put mullen in his list of top 3 candidates.

I would put zero stock in anything Buddy Martin says. There is no bigger shill for UF than Martin. He defended everything Meyer did or did not do with the players, regardless of what they did. He may have been around the prgram a long time, but most of that time has been genuflecting!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.