FILM ROOM: Bama post-mortem – 2nd half offense

News

Administrator
Jul 6, 2014
2nd half Offense and the importance of 4 verticals

Picking up where we left off last time, it’s clear the Gator offense had significant execution problems in the first half of the Alabama game. Now, we’re going to take a look at the second half, when the game went from oh so close to blowout seemlingly in a flash. We’ll follow the same format, looking at every single play the Gators ran, identifying the play concept and progression, the result of the play...

Read the rest here: FILM ROOM: Bama post-mortem – 2nd half offense

More...

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Nice write up. Thanks for posting. It highlights one of my biggest problems with JD. He seems adverse to attacking the seams. And because of the nature of our offense, it is a necessity to make the offense run properly. It's also the reason I'd like to see Harris get some snaps. His throw to Herndon shows that he will attack this portion of field

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoyed reading both of those articles more than I enjoyed watching the Bammer game. I will be taking my daughter to her first Gator game in the Swamp against Mizzou. Hopefully by then a change will be made at QB. There is no hope for Driskel. Most programs would have already converted him to TE.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And the 2nd half numbers looked better because in the 4th quarter when the game was over the bama D was in coast mode allowing JD to improve his passing percentage and numbers by giving up the dinky short throws.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love this guy's articles.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n67770 said:
I love this guy's articles.

I do too. A lot of writers claim to cover Xs and Os but he's the only one I know of that actually does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb