QB Washington
2 3* flyers
Lose Blades

Last edited:

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
No, coaches just did an in-home with him tonight.
As long as, Butters avoids pulling the "Harbaugh" maneuver, our chances for getting a commit have to be better. Too much, exposure to the donkey will tip his hand that he is in fact a jackass loser and that 90% of Gatorchatter are geniuses.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I predict we end up a top 10 class, but the consensus on the board is negative because we weren't top 5.
And if we wound up with a Top 5 the consensus would be: we suck because FSU,UGa and Bamma are ahead of us.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My guess is in no particular order but numbered to account for the number of players:

16. Hunter DB
17. Conliffe DT
18. Slaton DT/OG
19. Jones LB
20. Henderson DB
21. Robinson WR
22. Stewart DB
23. Smith LB
24. Truesdell DT

I'd be very satisfied w/ that.

And if we wound up with a Top 5 the consensus would be: we suck because FSU,UGa and Bamma are ahead of us.

I disagree, mostly because we've mostly been resigned to the fact this class won't be highly ranked. Also, I read somewhere that it's going to be next to impossible for us to crack the top 10 unless we land several 5 stars - the math doesn't add up. So, I'll be "happy" w/ a top 14 or so class that puts us around 5-7 in the SEC. That's just the way it is this year.

I will say, on a positive note, that McElwain has had a fire lit under his ass the last 4-6 weeks. I think he's hearing some "noise" (whatever that may be) and feels some heat. If he had been recruiting this hard from Day 1, two years ago, I doubt we're in this predicament (of being 8th in the SEC, and 20th overall). Hopefully this is a good sign moving forward. There is no excuse for next year's class to not be top 10 (sure, I'd prefer top 5, but I'm not greedy).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I disagree, mostly because we've mostly been resigned to the fact this class won't be highly ranked. Also, I read somewhere that it's going to be next to impossible for us to crack the top 10 unless we land several 5 stars - the math doesn't add up. So, I'll be "happy" w/ a top 14 or so class that puts us around 5-7 in the SEC. That's just the way it is this year.

I will say, on a positive note, that McElwain has had a fire lit under his ass the last 4-6 weeks. I think he's hearing some "noise" (whatever that may be) and feels some heat. If he had been recruiting this hard from Day 1, two years ago, I doubt we're in this predicament (of being 8th in the SEC, and 20th overall). Hopefully this is a good sign moving forward. There is no excuse for next year's class to not be top 10 (sure, I'd prefer top 5, but I'm not greedy).

I think part of the "fire" is that McElwain is coming to terms with that fact that he made some really bad hires when it comes to recruiting and he is trying to pick up the slack. Hopefully he will fix the staff issue... was really hoping he would have had some hires by now, but it seems he is going to wait until after signing day...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think part of the "fire" is that McElwain is coming to terms with that fact that he made some really bad hires when it comes to recruiting and he is trying to pick up the slack. Hopefully he will fix the staff issue... was really hoping he would have had some hires by now, but it seems he is going to wait until after signing day...

Well Nord is still here and he acted surprised that Summer skedaddled.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I was being facetious.

I think you are being realistic. We might not like it, but we are where we are (whatever the cause).

Going forward we need:

* A close to full/full Top 15 class which will add much needed depth.
* 1 or 2 special teams impact players (KRs/PRs)
* At least 2 new coaches that can coach AND recruit.
* Development of a reliable QB and O-line rotation over the Spring/Summer.***

*** Next season will get really ugly otherwise.

NSD will be here shortly.

Then it's the O&B.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is work involved when your direct depositing millions... Mac!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Predict our final commits come NSD. I'll start.

Taderrell Slaton
Chris Henderson Jr.
Gaddy 1
Gaddy 2
Levi Jones
Oliver Martin
James Robinson
Kai Leon Herbert

Throw in a couple other 3 star flyers.

Discuss.

Edit: removing Hunter. Was a gut play but don't think he leaves Virginia.
He announced VT.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

There is no excuse for a class outside the top 10 ever at UF. Friggin Zook could do it and so could Mushchamp. I refuse to be happy with anything less than what those two morons could haul in.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There is no excuse for a class outside the top 10 ever at UF. Friggin Zook could do it and so could Mushchamp. I refuse to be happy with anything less than what those two morons could haul in.

Please read what I wrote again. I said THIS YEAR. Because we ain't cracking the top 10 THIS YEAR. So I'll take the best we can get THIS YEAR.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is zero excuse for the flag ship program in the state w the most top recruits to ever be outside of the top 10 in years that arent transition years.

Some of that is not Butters' fault, but most of it is.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My prediction is we only get 4 more guys that will actually come here. They are in no particular order....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb