Nick Smith
CJ Henderson
Stewart
Herbert
Robinson
Gaddy 1
Gaddy 2
Parks or Ray

We leave a spot open for Lemons. I think Blades sticks, not for any real reason, just a gut feeling. If Clemson opens a spot, I think Robinson is gone.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Spoiler alert: no matter what happens, people will complain. Fast forward, have a beer, go pay attention to something more constructive.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Blow me. Then lick my azzhole. No shltehead. Anybody can recruit following Spurrier and Meyer, even morons likes Zook and Chump.
You're full of ****. Either you can recruit or you can't. Urbs followed Zook and had zero recruiting ties to the region yet he recruited lights out until he gave up. Kirby is killing it at UGA after a terrible season (they're calling this posssibly their best class ever). Keep making excuses or whatever morons do to entertain themselves,

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're full of ****. Either you can recruit or you can't. Urbs followed Zook and had zero recruiting ties to the region yet he recruited lights out until he gave up. Kirby is killing it at UGA after a terrible season (they're calling this posssibly their best class ever). Keep making excuses or whatever morons do to entertain themselves,

I tend to agree with this. Even Muschamp is recruiting decent at SC right now. Mac has us turning on each other with how bad his recruiting has been so far.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could not agree more Gator Fever, Mac's inexplicable near useless recruiting style would have any
fanbase cantankerous ('cause Mac's decruiting can tank us).

However: This Gator-love hope can only be refuted by a true clairvoyant (and that's not Clarabelle's cousin).
= >> The "storm-at-sea" Mac has endured lately could make him a better helmsman. = he changes his steering
of his leadership.

So in 2017:
1) Gators show up with an effective QB athlete, with some punishing ad-lib running skill.
2) The playbook schemes elevate muchly due to the workability of all players together thanks to that QB.
3) Scarlett finally learns to block-protect that QB.
4) RB Thompson finally gets mean. (We make short first downs even with Thompson bash-blocking.)
5) Eddie gets more chances (adding relentless 3 point boot-boosts).
6) All players get vigorously enthused - a positive energy drive.

There are probably many more "things" that get improved on but the essence is "growing betterment with
that natural learning time-path". Nobody can accurately sanction our Gators' doom. If so tell us how?

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I tend to agree with this. Even Muschamp is recruiting decent at SC right now. Mac has us turning on each other with how bad his recruiting has been so far.
:doh: Chump is not recruiting well. He has a class of 2/3rds 3*s which is the average class for USC.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Man, why do we have to be such jerks to each other? We constantly throw terms like haters and pumpers etc. But we're all freaking Gators! The only hatred we have is for the futility of our beloved team(s), football most of all. I blame our attitude on our football program. When/if? the trajectory of that team changes, I believe our attitudes will change as well. We all just want the best for our Gators and this ineptitude has really turned some of us against each other. Fingers crossed for change sooner than later. Go Gators.:chomp:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never thought Trump was a super recruiter. He's just far better than Butters.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You have a pea brain that is incapable accepting two simultaneous truths 1) It was a helluva lot easier to recruit after Spurruer and Meyer. 2) Mac can't recruit. Those are not mutually exclusive concepts. In the future I suggest that you don't attempt to draw conclusions - it's above your pay grade.
Two simultaneous truths...Mac can't recruit for **** and you run to his defense every chance you get. Now run along and play in the street.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
From what I've heard and seen, I feel pretty confident right now we finish nationally between 10th and 13th depending on the recruiting service, and 5th and 7th in conference.

Well below our expectations, but not disastrous. There will be enough talent brought in to give the next guy something to work with if Mac can't turn it around, and at the very least we should have a full compliment of scholarship players.

Of concern moving forward, we can not count any of this year's early entries towards last year's class (something that was just brought to my attention -- multiple recruiting analysts have confirmed this). If we take a full 25 in this class, we will be limited to 25 next year which is shaping up to be a very good year for in state recruiting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Man, why do we have to be such jerks to each other? We constantly throw terms like haters and pumpers etc. But we're all freaking Gators! The only hatred we have is for the futility of our beloved team(s), football most of all. I blame our attitude on our football program. When/if? the trajectory of that team changes, I believe our attitudes will change as well. We all just want the best for our Gators and this ineptitude has really turned some of us against each other. Fingers crossed for change sooner than later. Go Gators.:chomp:

Eat sh*t and die!!! (just kidding....I couldn't help myself!)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not too disappointed with this class if we can close with another OL, 3 more DTs, and at least one more LB. The quality is up in this class, but I wish we had a better QB prospect. Hopefully, Franks or Trask can step up and we can get a big talent in next years class.

The biggest issue I've had with Mac's recruiting is that we're being too reactive and not proactive. The first thought is what everyone has heard recently that Mac is getting in late on recruits. I think more has been made of this than needs to be. Wade is a really crappy example of what people have been pointing to. With that said, we are getting started late on some guys and we aren't handling coaches proactively. We also are being too reactive to are roster needs. We started off slow on LB's and are still catching up. They let the DT recruiting slide and it will hurt us next year.

We are missing star power, but we appear to have a solid class coming together. It can still fall short, but it's shaping up. I'm not saying I'm happy with this class either. There are a lot of holes in our recruiting program. The fact that we are chasing kids all around the country instead of hitting the state harder in inexcusable. But, at this stage of the cycle and all of the deficiencies of the staff, landing in the top 15 is actually pretty good....and that sucks.

On a side note, this staff does appear to do a good job of evaluating talent. Many of Mac's guys are contributors, and despite the numerous 3*'s, they appear to be developing. We are just missing elite talent at a few positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb