Finebaum: McElwain could have screwed up the Patriots

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is great.

Paul Finebaum takes shot at Jim McElwain: He 'could have screwed up the Patriots'

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...elwain-he-could-have-screwed-up-the-patriots/

Many Florida fans were unimpressed with Jim McElwain during his three seasons as coach of the Gators.

Add SEC Network’s Paul Finebaum to that list.

During coverage of the SEC Media Days on Tuesday, Finebaum took a shot at McElwain on “SEC Now,” implying that McElwain wouldn’t be a good coach no matter the circumstances of the job.

“I think McElwain could have screwed up the Patriots,” Finebaum said on the broadcast.

Of course, the New England Patriots have been one of the top franchises in sports, filled with elite talent, as they have won five Super Bowls since 2001 and won fewer than 10 games in a season just once during that span.

Meanwhile, McElwain went 22-12 during his tenure at Florida, going 3-4 in 2017 before getting fired midseason.

It certainly is a dig that Finebaum thinks McElwain could have damaged a team led by one of the all-time greats, future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady.

McElwain rebounded quickly after his dismissal from Florida, getting hired as the wide receivers coach at Michigan in February. He’ll look to prove Finebaum wrong as he aims to build up his coaching stock by helping Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines have success.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
More piling on after the fact. Why don't any of these so called reporters report such doubts when someone is actually still the coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, fkkk Slimebaum. He tooted McElwains peter til the end, piled on us for firing that POS, and now shows up a year later to claim he knew it all along?

And rebounded quickly? Really? He was PASSED OVER BY SABAN FOR AN OC JOB.... and a position coach job. Ended up as a position coach. This is rebounding quickly? Making 10% of what you used to?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know how you know Law loves his Gators?

He can bash them but phuck you if you're gonna.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Finebaum kissed Mac's BUTT while our coach... Step up and rip butt when the coach is still active... And, in my opinion Finebaum is a COMPLETE MORON and an embarrassment to the SEC. I was hoping ESPN would can him...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to be cheap, he is an idiot and embarrassment to the SEC with the morons he let's call in... the rest of the country thinks the SEC is a trailer park haven...
Trailerbammer and Muhssippi are trailer park havens.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep I think he said the fans were irrational until he knew he was going to be fired for the death threat claims.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
After deflategate, Mac would have quietly pushed Brady out the door for a journey-man coach's son.

Gronk who? Play action crossing route to branodon powell Julian Eddleman on 3rd and 15.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love these revisionist history “insider” guys. They won’t even ask a tough question, much less be critical of anyone until well after they’re gone. Then, they knew everything going on behind the scenes but didn’t have the balls to let it out. Yeah right.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Not sure why anyone cares what that imbecile has to say. His only interest is what’s best for Bama. Screw him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love these revisionist history “insider” guys. They won’t even ask a tough question, much less be critical of anyone until well after they’re gone. Then, they knew everything going on behind the scenes but didn’t have the balls to let it out. Yeah right.
Dooley is the worst. calls us Gidiots until the day after the firing and then he knew it all along.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Dooley is a total company man. Will tow the line at all times. He’s Baghdad bob personified. Just a worthless turd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.