First In Depth PhotoShop Restoration

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I'll be the first to admit that although I use PhotoShop daily for my work here at the museum; I'm not an expert by any means so even though I'm posting this, I know that there are probably a few of you on here who are much much better than I with the program. I just am proud with how my work came out and I felt like sharing it.

Little back story; so my grandfather used to fly and of course his office is full of photographs of his airplanes that he has owned, flown, loved, etc...one in particular was his favorite plane he ever had. The issue is that no matter which direction his office was set up, this particular image always faced the sun which ultimately made the image faded. I took a look at it the other day and told him that although he doesn't want anything material-wise for Christmas, I'd like to take this image and see if I can restore it a little knowing that this is one of his favorite pictures/memories in his life.

Not to turn this into a "pity-me" story but my grandfather and I very close and the last 6-7 years he has suffered from bypass surgery, minor stroke to minor heart-attack, and post-polio syndrome. His mind is still sharp and he is still all here but physically he just isn't himself anymore; my grandfather is literally the strongest man I'll likely ever know, and I know that every day he wakes up he is in pain, yet he fights every day to keep going. I know when you look at this photograph you will see just an airplane but for me, this image is much much more. As my grandfather's health continues to deteriorate, images like these remind me of the man I admire more than anyone in this world and if something as little as "bringing-back" an image makes him happy than to me it was all worth it.

I just wanted to share the pride I have in this with you guys; so here you go:

Guess the link aint working out well so if you want to see it you have to like the imgur logo at top left corner

Last edited:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
o7h0RH0.jpg
5XBSeaN.jpg
5XBSeaNa.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well done ferg. You should be proud. Is that you in the plane with your Gramps?

Gren, do you take it up a notch? Looks good.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good story Ferg. Your gramps sounds a like a great guy. Mine took me fishing all time - lot of great memories from those times.

Is that a Piper Cub?
I've flown a Cessna out of the little grass strip airport between Newberry and Archer back in the early 90s (had 20 solo hours before giving it up because my instructor got killed giving a lesson in a different plane and it kinda freaked me out at the time).

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well done ferg. You should be proud. Is that you in the plane with your Gramps?

Gren, do you take it up a notch? Looks good.
I have a feeling that ferg pulled on over on us.:bwahaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.