Fisher stands up for Dalvin Cook's character

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Shades of Winston here. Don't you love how Fisher has to come out and publicly say that teams should not have to worry about his player's character? Just the fact that it needs to be said is probably a pretty clear indication that teams SHOULD worry about their character. Plus, why should anybody believe Fisher at this point?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...bo-fisher-says-not-worry-drafting-dalvin-cook

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shades of Winston here. Don't you love how Fisher has to come out and publicly say that teams should not have to worry about his player's character? Just the fact that it needs to be said is probably a pretty clear indication that teams SHOULD worry about their character. Plus, why should anybody believe Fisher at this point?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...bo-fisher-says-not-worry-drafting-dalvin-cook

Fisher said he never had any issues in college, then the article lists three issues while he was in college.....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He'd stand up for Charles Manson's character.

"What a family guy, I tell ya. They're so loyal to him and will do anything he asks, the true mark of a great leader."

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Orlando Sentinel reported Cook was arrested as a juvenile and charged with robbery in 2009, though prosecutors later dropped the case. He also was arrested a year later and charged with firing a weapon and possession of a weapon at an event on school property. Those chargers were either dropped or abandoned, the newspaper reported.

At Florida State, Cook was charged with criminal mischief in June 2014 after he was one of several players involved in an alleged shooting with a BB gun that caused property damage. Cook was given pre-trial intervention.

Sports Illustrated reported Cook also was issued a citation in July 2014 for a violation of animal care after he allegedly left three pit bull puppies chained up by the neck outside.

In July 2015, a woman accused Cook of punching her outside of a Tallahassee bar. He was charged with misdemeanor battery and suspended indefinitely from the football team. He was found not guilty -- the jury delivered the verdict in less than 25 minutes after a daylong trial -- and immediately was reinstated to the team.

Let me see if I have this right... By my count Cook has had run-ins with the law for :
(1) Robbery
(2) Firing a WEAPON on SCHOOL PROPERTY
(3) Crminal mischief
(4) Animal abuse
(5) Punching a female...in the face...
(6) And perhaps his worst offense of all...trolling GatorNation...:D

He's managed to rack up all these run-ins with the law by what 20... 21 years old??? Yet... He has miraculously escaped conviction for even one of those charges. Man... what a kick in the teeth the real world is gonna give this POS when he's no longer coddled and protected because of his athletic prowess...

All those charges yet Jimbo can say with a straight face:
"You're never going to have those issues with him,"... "He's a great guy, tremendous character guy, and I never had any issues with him...

Yup... real high character guy you got there JimBob...No issues... nope...not a thing to worry about...

And I love this gem:
If I got on him, if I challenged him, [he responded] 'Yes sir.'

Yeah... Just ask the chick outside the bar how well Dalvin and the boys responded when she challenged them...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He'd stand up for Charles Manson's character."

Plus he's got Meggs to stand up for Fisher's character.
I-Net News wrote that towards the reporter repeatedly doubting Cook's clean college slate Fisher executed a tempo patinando with a frozen crab claw.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fisher standing up for anyones character would be akin to Jerry Sandusky standing up for the character of a Catholic priest.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

Good points. ( yours)

No surprise Fisher would vouch for his character. (As if Fisher's character is so sterling that his word should mean something). Once you've sunk that low and lied repeatedly for Winston, anyone else is effortless.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure this punk had a juvie record in highschool that was overlooked because of talent as well. He's a POS, plain and simple.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Fisher had to stand up for Cook. Because Cook's gf was out cold and unable to comment.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Let me see if I have this right... By my count Cook has had run-ins with the law for :
(1) Robbery
(2) Firing a WEAPON on SCHOOL PROPERTY
(3) Crminal mischief
(4) Animal abuse
(5) Punching a female...in the face...
(6) And perhaps his worst offense of all...trolling GatorNation...:D

He's managed to rack up all these run-ins with the law by what 20... 21 years old??? Yet... He has miraculously escaped conviction for even one of those charges. Man... what a kick in the teeth the real world is gonna give this POS when he's no longer coddled and protected because of his athletic prowess...

All those charges yet Jimbo can say with a straight face:

Yup... real high character guy you got there JimBob...No issues... nope...not a thing to worry about...

And I love this gem:

Yeah... Just ask the chick outside the bar how well Dalvin and the boys responded when she challenged them...
Fine citizen ready to lead

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb