Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I went back to my honey hole after a six month break. I caught 13 bass, the largest being about 2.5 pounds. Remember when it was called "too easy" when I caught 44 that day back in June? It hasn't been anywhere near that ever since. Boy, did I hit an incredible spot that day.

Nesting and spawning season start in late March down here. All that activity makes them hungry, and the moms sure are territorial when something gets near their nests. I'll double my catch count for at least a month, but at lot of that will be smaller fish.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nesting and spawning season start in late March down here. All that activity makes them hungry, and the moms sure are territorial when something gets near their nests. I'll double my catch count for at least a month, but at lot of that will be smaller fish.
Take a piece of Alka Seltzer and stuff it in a white tube jig when you see mama lying on that bed and hold on.....:lol: All those bubbles really piss her off.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I went back to my honey hole after a six month break. I caught 13 bass, the largest being about 2.5 pounds. Remember when it was called "too easy" when I caught 44 that day back in June? It hasn't been anywhere near that ever since. Boy, did I hit an incredible spot that day.
13 Bass in a single trip ain't bad numbers...If it's a small lake don't make the same mistake I've made before by opening my big mouth. I've seen a few smaller lakes/ponds go from gold mines to ghost towns once even a handful of people start fishing them.Them virgin fish catch on quick.....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Went out with my buddy Don today and we clubbed em pretty good again...Started the morning off on a school of about 200-300 Black Drum in the 8-12lb range and caught 5 before leaving them biting to revisit a favorite sandhole at a undisclosed location.....Got distracted by Upper slot Reds that were moving around potholes on the flats next to the sand hole. We ended up catching 9 of them between 25-30" before hitting what we call "Giant Sand Hole".....see if you can figure out why?:lol:
View attachment 5137
View attachment 5138

.... and so you just go home, flop that on the kitchen counter and command "Honey, I'd like to eat 'round 7ish" ?

True-life story =
Back in the '80s, I "created" a mail order t-shirt company (out of one bedroom full of the equipment). I ran demo photo-ads in "Field and Stream" and "Florida Sportsman". The ad had a photo of me holding up a huge bass (almost covered my torso). But I held it enough to the side so you could see that my t-shirt had that same photo, me & my proudest catch printed on it. {Okay ... I started the whole business just so I could name products & write catchy-copy & be a published creative writer.}

Headline = "History Fishstory Shirt"
The copy: "Send photo of you holding your most proud, brag-worthy catch and we will return to you your "wear-it-every trip" lucky fishing shirt. A shirt of you holding a monster that your buddies will have to look at all day. (Here's a bonus: "No guys, can't help clean 'em. Don't want guts or scales on my lucky shirt").. Also, just send a photo of you posing as holding a monster bass and we'll put one as part of your line. (Start rehearsing your glorious fish-tale, so you'll be convincing and never waver.)

1980, so there was no computerology for fancy fakery. No PCs in homes, just with uuniversities & military.I had to earn it the "old fashioned" way -- very fashioned. Hell, The shirts where I supplied the humongous bass looked real. The "History Fishstory" shirt sold well. $3,000 first month but advertising cost $3400/month and that's with me going to the bank and establishing an account for my own ad agancy: "Adwise Advertise" by that means the magazines deposited 15% of the ad-price as commission into my Adwise account as kickback for placing the ad with them. Costs were $3400 but your orders gather more momentum 'cause people see the ad in June-mag during July, Aug, etc.

Sign of the times story. I had the idea for the "History Fishstory shirt burning my skull, when randomly driving around some well kept modest-homes neighborhood in Hialeah (down Miami way) I spotted an open 2-car garage door. Inside there a guy was working his "at-home" taxiderm business. I strolled in, gave him the sort version and "Could I borrow that huge taxidermed bass over there. He said "sure". He didn't let me sign anything or even take my name = just a handshake between two folk trying. I took that huge bass, curled body, gaping mouth like fighting to throw the hook.
I superimposed that fish on nearly 600 shirts (over about 6 months). Of course, I returned that bass-stiff to my garaged Cuban benefactor with a gift bottle of Chivas Regal.

By the data from all beginner minor mail-order track records my fish-shirt business was projected to be a success as most lose money for the first 9-22 months. But I was on to wilder profits = teeny boppers? I would side-by-side print the teeny's face with her fave rock/tv star David Cassidy, ??? even non-teens ask for older stars Linda Ronstadt, ???

The copy :"Starmate Stardate shirt"... you and your starmate on a stardate. Looks like you two belong together. Blah, blah, blather, blah. I advertised in "Teenbeat", "Tigerbeat" etc. etc. On that ad shirt my wife was pictured together with Rod Stewart. They really looked like they belonged together.(I always rented time with a commercial art studio for the photos for the ads.) Now, this was a big success. I'd get a letter requesting a star & I'd just go through the teen section at a large magazine shop and buy it. Once home, I cut out the stars photo & copy her photo the teen sent, sizing them correctly & heat transfer.

Of course, this was illegal since I had no stars' permission (license) to profit from their likeness.(My plea to the judge would be: "Judge read what these girls write; this isn't likeness this is loveness.") Anyway, I knew as small $ as I was I'd just get an attorney's "you decease" letter, sharp letter opener included. What scared me into quitting was worldwide success. One day I got an envelope more eloquent than any I've ever received. It was from Spain. The letterhead photo was an architecturally exquisite T-Shirt manufacturer building -- they wanted to meet to draw up contracts to be my European Distributer. I folded shop.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hoss ...that's a freakin toad.....:eek4:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
13 Bass in a single trip ain't bad numbers...If it's a small lake don't make the same mistake I've made before by opening my big mouth. I've seen a few smaller lakes/ponds go from gold mines to ghost towns once even a handful of people start fishing them.Them virgin fish catch on quick.....
This is a pretty good size lake and I'm pretty sure no one else is fishing it but me. It's not an easy lake to fish. You have to walk a ways.

I'm offering an open invitation for any GCMB members that want to join me in April, May, and June out there. It will be worth the drive for you. It has to be a Sunday morning. PM me for details.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is this shyt? Why is it in the Sports Forum?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm offering an open invitation for any GCMB members that want to join me in April, May, and June out there. It will be worth the drive for you. It has to be a Sunday morning. PM me for details.
Is liquor and puking mandatory?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a pretty good size lake and I'm pretty sure no one else is fishing it but me. It's not an easy lake to fish. You have to walk a ways.

giphy.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife asked me why I was so quiet. I said because I was by myself. She expected a lot of whooping and hollering. Maybe she's been watching too many fishing shows? :dunno:

By "quiet", she meant boring.

And by "expected a lot of whooping and hollering", she meant in bed.

Quit being such a bore, Tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.