Flop = Butthurt in Wisconsinese

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What a joke they are, they got away with two fouls for every one that got called. Using your elbow to make room for your shot is a foul, or at least it should have been. And when you get a defender in the air it is almost automatically a foul.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Losers usually want to blame their loss on something other that the other team just being better in that game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Suck It Wisconsinese......That game last night is almost as pleasurable as watching UF beat Ohio State. Please continue to whine while you're at home watching the rest of the tournament.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are they serious? The last few minutes of the 2nd half and the whole overtime, I thought the refs' whistles only worked on Wisconsin's end of the court!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I suppose every fan believes the refs hate their team. Still, they look ridiculous considering the no-calls for traveling and mugging committed by the cheese heads. Oh well... sucks to be them.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
A couple of the Badger fans have it right:

"I was told 50 years ago that to enjoy sports more and to scout better, you had to approach it as though you liked both teams. That way your bias does not blind you to the officiating. I find them to have done a really fine job last night. I can not stand complaining about officials, it seems like an excuse and sounds in poor taste."

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
In truth, it's their own fault. The guy Barry blocked seemed clueless, maybe he figured at worst he'd get fouled. And on the last play I'm sure they were told not to foul but they let Cheese get a clear shot to the hoop. It's not like he was shooting from half court. They just looked kinda slack, like they had it in the bag.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
The shot that tied the game should have been called a travel just before he shot the ball but they let it slide. They got more than their share of calls and sound silly bitching about officials.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
At least 3-4 posters referred to their team as they, instead of us or we.

Karl Sheppard

Sep 17, 2016
Actually I didn't think it was a bad officiated game. However the one foul I saw that I believe the refs let Wis get away with was in the inbound pass by the Gators at end of regulation. It was inbounded pass half-court and a Gator player jumped up for the ball and a Wis player came up over his bck and knocked him to the floor. That definitely should have been called and the Gators should have been shooting 2 from the line. I believe the refs didn't call it bc they didn't want to decide the game with a foul like that.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually I didn't think it was a bad officiated game. However the one foul I saw that I believe the refs let Wis get away with was in the inbound pass by the Gators at end of regulation. It was inbounded pass half-court and a Gator player jumped up for the ball and a Wis player came up over his bck and knocked him to the floor. That definitely should have been called and the Gators should have been shooting 2 from the line. I believe the refs didn't call it bc they didn't want to decide the game with a foul like that.

You are right. How can they complain about officiating when Devin would have/should have ended the game at the foul line in regulation. Then add the play in OT when Happ takes Hayes and throws him away before grabbing a rebound and a put back basket.
How a Badger fan can complain is beyond me.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im gonna post in there if I can.............. I had to ask for access. Some of them sounded pretty smart about the officiating.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Im gonna post in there if I can.............. I had to ask for access. Some of them sounded pretty smart about the officiating.
I see from the comments we have things in common. Fans are fans. I could almost give theirs some of our names. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.