Florida’s offense

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
InB4 “Trask would have ya number 1, don’t you see how awesome he looks in His one pass attempt a game”

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Without the specular play of our special teams and defense this game could have been close. The offense still has a long way to go or the inconsistency will show up in a bad way against the top tier teams on our schedule.
To his credit Franks is getting better but is not close to where he needs to be. If the Mull can continue to develop Franks we can be pretty good. To me thats the big question that remains to be seen.
Go gators Beat Miss. State!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We asked for improvement in the offense. Thus far, it's improved. I will take it for now. And no way that Macnusschump would have done what's been done thus far. We knew it wouldn't be overnight, but at least I'm enjoying watching them play as opposed to the last few seasons.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
To be honest, with the way our last 2 games have transpired, these offensive stats are really meaningless. Granted we have scored plenty of points for the obvious reasons, but we are probably near the bottom in plays run and yardage. Of course points are more important and I have never been one to care about # of plays or plays per minute, etc. what I deem valid is based on the way a game transpires or in a game where there are not turnovers or ST big plays, what is going on and how are things being handled? The small glimpses we have had in those situations the past 2 games leaves plenty of room for improvement in both execution and play calling. I am not much on those stats, but more what I see given the particular circumstance.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The improvement I see is in the O-line. Saved the game and just rewatched it . O-LINE isn't great, but it's definitely improved. Even our RBs pick up blitzes better.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Important subject to the long-term outlook, relatively skewed shortterm. We're second in scoring behind Georgia in the East and have capitalized on field position brought about by tremendous special teams play and an opportunistic defense. There is no question we have playmakers on offense that we can better utilize and likely will.

Which brings me to my point.

I'm not sure this team is ever going to put together great offensive stats under Mullen, certainly not without a playmaker quarterback. But I feel confident after four games that it can consistently put the offense in a position to capitalize and that the offense itself will continue to experience growth.

At the end of the day, points are all that matters.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Remember when we started 2010 4-0 and Trey Burton was going to win a Heisman after the UK game....
Remember when we started 2012 4-0 and Driskel was going to turn into a functional CFB QB....
Remember when we started 2014 4-0 and Roper was going to have Driskel in the Heisman running....
Remember 2015 when we started 4-0 and Butters had all but fixed the program until he sent the best QB in CFB down the road to win a Heisman at WVU this year....

Much like rankings I wish the NCAA wouldn't release any stats until mid October....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Remember when we started 2010 4-0 and Trey Burton was going to win a Heisman after the UK game....
Remember when we started 2012 4-0 and Driskel was going to turn into a functional CFB QB....
Remember when we started 2014 4-0 and Roper was going to have Driskel in the Heisman running....
Remember 2015 when we started 4-0 and Butters had all but fixed the program until he sent the best QB in CFB down the road to win a Heisman at WVU this year....

Much like rankings I wish the NCAA wouldn't release any stats until mid October....

1) No
2) Chump was a sham from the start
3) See #2
4) Had we kept Grier... Mac would've had ruined him.

Are you saying we should wait and see? Good advice Concrete Obvious.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

:shutmouth:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

No one on planet earth thought that Driskel was going to be in the Heisman running or be a functional qb. No one. Except you maybe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one on planet earth thought that Driskel was going to be in the Heisman running or be a functional qb. No one. Except you maybe.
BS. half the board to this day thinks that window licker is the goat who just had bad luck and a little case of the nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator