Gator Basketball ***Florida at Kansas St BBALL Game Thread***

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
:lol: I work at a huge commodities-focused financial firm. A lot of these folks grew up in the ag industry and are now commercial traders and brokers. They're actually pretty smart with heapings of good farm-raised common sense.

But I do hear a lot "buy lumber, sell beans," on a daily basis.
Nice. I have a friend who is a frequent trader of stocks, options, mostly conservative stuff like short term holds of stocks and selling puts and covered calls. He got a tip to try commodities one time so bought some corn futures then forgot about it until he received a call asking him where he wanted to take delivery of his 1000 bushels of corn. He was able to avoid having to take it but not without losing a bit of money.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Still a 5’-8” twerp tho

We’ve had 5’ 8”-ish twerps who tore up other teams as well. Most of them while Billy was here, but shows you a twerp with skills and the right coach can be dangerous.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
:lol: I work at a huge commodities-focused financial firm. A lot of these folks grew up in the ag industry and are now commercial traders and brokers. They're actually pretty smart with heapings of good farm-raised common sense.

But I do hear a lot "buy lumber, sell beans," on a daily basis.
Good one. When I was on the Trading Floor, the AG traders were famous for saying "Beans in the Teens" regarding price.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Good one. When I was on the Trading Floor, the AG traders were famous for saying "Beans in the Teens" regarding price.

Started my career with RCG, so yes I’m very familiar with “beans in the teens”. Nonstop. Second only to “sell a teenie lose your weenie” which was my favorite and one I still use. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.