Florida changed the perception of the SEC for good, not Bama

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If you are talking about the 90s, why do you think we did not play for more titles then? Note: I know there were technically no title games back then but everyone knew which two teams had the best chance to claim the title when the post season was over back in those days.

1. You are of course wrong about there being no title games in the 1990s. UF was in the first two.

2. We are talking about perceptions here. The original poster admired Meyer begging for a shot against Ohio State which UF deserved and I assume he equally admired Saban begging for UAL getting a rematch with LSU which they most certainly DID NOT deserve since they lost to LSU AT HOME.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1. You are of course wrong about there being no title games in the 1990s. UF was in the first two.

2. We are talking about perceptions here. The original poster admired Meyer begging for a shot against Ohio State which UF deserved and I assume he equally admired Saban begging for UAL getting a rematch with LSU which they most certainly DID NOT deserve since they lost to LSU AT HOME.

1. Lol..no I am not. You are talking about the SEC title games right when you said "UF was in the first two? (I assume you do not believe UF was in the first two national title games)" If so, let me elaborate by saying "why do you think we did not play for more NATIONAL TITLES in the 90s even though we won SEC titles (sorry if that was not clear the first time)." I know there were technically no national title games back then technically (the BCS championship game was started in 1998 to be exact ) but everyone knew which two teams had a chance to be voted as national champions at the end of the season. Fast forward to 2007 and all of the SEC champions were slated to go to the national title game. That is the point.

2. I am the OP and your assumption is DEAD wrong. i HATED....I MEAN HAITED (yes it was that much I hate with it) the fact that Bama got a rematch with LSU even though Bama did not win the conference. I still give them an asterick next to that title just like the rest of the titles they claim (some of which they dod not even win their bowl game).

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
1. Lol..no I am not. You are talking about the SEC title games right when you said "UF was in the first two? (I assume you do not believe UF was in the first two national title games)" If so, let me elaborate by saying "why do you think we did not play for more NATIONAL TITLES in the 90s even though we won SEC titles (sorry if that was not clear the first time)." I know there were technically no national title games back then technically (the BCS championship game was started in 1998 to be exact ) but everyone knew which two teams had a chance to be voted as national champions at the end of the season. Fast forward to 2007 and all of the SEC champions were slated to go to the national title game. That is the point.

2. I am the OP and your assumption is DEAD wrong. i HATED....I MEAN HAITED (yes it was that much I hate with it) the fact that Bama got a rematch with LSU even though Bama did not win the conference. I still give them an asterick next to that title just like the rest of the titles they claim (some of which they dod not even win their bowl game).

1. UF was in the first 5 SEC title games. UF was in the first two college football playoff title games in 1995 and 1996. Now ESPN did not understand that but I both speak English and do not depend on ESPN for my understanding of things.

2. Great, you and I are on the same page on this, this time against ESPN. I too basically do not count that title.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1. UF was in the first 5 SEC title games. UF was in the first two college football playoff title games in 1995 and 1996. Now ESPN did not understand that but I both speak English and do not depend on ESPN for my understanding of things.

2. Great, you and I are on the same page on this, this time against ESPN. I too basically do not count that title.

1. Thanks for sharing your opinion and joining the discussion

2. Go Gators

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, it's nice that UF paved the way for the perception that the SEC is the best conference, but that really doesn't matter now. What is UF football currently doing that proves the SEC is the best?

:poop:

What is the SEC beyond Bama doing to prove that the SEC is the best?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What is the SEC beyond Bama doing to prove that the SEC is the best?
UF and many of the teams in he SEC would struggle to win CUSA.

People are living in the past. Mizzu won the SECE twice after finishing in the bottom of the Big 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.