Recruiting Florida drops to 31st in recruiting, 11th in SEC

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
An offense ranked in the 100+, and a defensive in the top 10, averages out to mid 50's type of program. That is where our recruiting is heading with this staff.

This recruiting class just buried us another 3-4 years in the rebuilding cycle. So after the defense isn't as good next year, coupled with another 100+ offense, probably another 4(+) loss season, what highly rated recruit will want to come to a sinking ship? The next coach has to be a big name, high energy type guys to get recruits to want to come here.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really really want Mac to succeed to have gone through so many coaches between Zook, Urban, Champ and Mac is not a great thing for the school, but his performance in recruiting is absolutely unacceptable. He may surprise us, but outside of some super secret surprise he is basically becoming the worst recruiter we have had.

His lack of urgency in filing key positions on his staff has been a huge red flag. It is one thing to take some time, but waiting until after NSD just doesn't make sense.

I have got to believe that Stricklin didn't come to the University of Florida to have a bad football program. You don't take this job and sit back and let the football program falter. I think Mac needs to show life next year on the field and that has to build into a top 10 class. Currently we are 4 years away from being competitive on a national title level again. The talent isn't there.

All this being said... I will be rooting strongly for the Gators in every game and hoping Mac succeeds.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I heard Mac was at LSU last night wanting to speak at halftime but Orgeron was afraid it would hurt their recruiting efforts!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think McElwain will be here at least 2 more years unless there is a complete meltdown next year. Muschamp got another year after the 4-8 fiasco.
I hope you are wrong. My expectation is he is gone mid season 17.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
An offense ranked in the 100+, and a defensive in the top 10, averages out to mid 50's type of program. That is where our recruiting is heading with this staff.
There won't be a top 10 defense to prop his goofy a$$ up next year and he can thank himself for that! Dude is just a garbage a$$ recruiter/CEO who needs to be let go ASAP. There's absolutely ZERO reason to keep him around after he's proven he can't get the job done....ZERO!!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think McElwain will be here at least 2 more years unless there is a complete meltdown next year. Muschamp got another year after the 4-8 fiasco.
And it was a HUGE mistake. We can't afford to make that same mistake. Mac is 2-8 vs ranked teams so he's not a very good x's and o's guy. He can't recruit. He's out of his league here. You can't see it?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There won't be a top 10 defense to prop his goofy a$$ up next year and he can thank himself for that! Dude is just a garbage a$$ recruiter/CEO who needs to be let go ASAP. There's absolutely ZERO reason to keep him around after he's proven he can't get the job done....ZERO!!!
Who will replace him?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you are wrong. My expectation is he is gone mid season 17.

That isn't realistic. You may want him to go and he may need to go, but he isn't going mid-season 2017 unless he hasn't won a game. He probably is here for 2 more years unless he has a meltdown next year.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That isn't realistic. You may want him to go and he may need to go, but he isn't going mid-season 2017 unless he hasn't won a game. He probably is here for 2 more years unless he has a meltdown next year.
I'm expecting a meltdown but really because of underperformance in many areas, offensive numbers being blatantly below requirements.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why do so many of you keep pushing this bologna? Ron Zook was the HC here for exactly 2.5 seasons before he was canned. He finished his 3rd year but was canned halfway through it and allowed to stay on through fsu.

We canned a dude who was only 2.5 seasons into his job and promptly followed it up by hiring a top coach and winning multiple titles. The dead-horse beating notion that you cant fire a guy only 3 years in and if you do you'll be committing suicide is devoid of reality and truth.

Will we actually fire him next year? Who knows with this incompetent athletic admin, but the fact remains we could, and if we did it would not be the end of our program.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why do so many of you keep pushing this bologna? Ron Zook was the HC here for exactly 2.5 seasons before he was canned. He finished his 3rd year but was canned halfway through it and allowed to stay on through fsu.

We canned a dude who was only 2.5 seasons into his job and promptly followed it up by hiring a top coach and winning multiple titles. The dead-horse beating notion that you cant fire a guy only 3 years in and if you do you'll be committing suicide is devoid of reality and truth.

Will we actually fire him next year? Who knows with this incompetent athletic admin, but the fact remains we could, and if we did it would not be the end of our program.

We could fire him... I just don't think we will.. I think he will have an OK year next year...and I think a lot of it depends on how the offense looks, but I would be shocked if we fired a coach who won the division his first two years th efirst time he doesn't win the division.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just more of the standard bullshyt from the standard people.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
And it was a HUGE mistake. We can't afford to make that same mistake. Mac is 2-8 vs ranked teams so he's not a very good x's and o's guy. He can't recruit. He's out of his league here. You can't see it?

I think he sees it like most everyone does, but we need the AD to not only see it, but know it not acceptable at UF. He needs to understand this ain't Mississippi St and what the expectations are for our football program. Until this happens, Mac will hang around. No matter how much we all hate it. Just a lost decade of football.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Then call Chip Kelly and offer him 7 million a year and call it a day.

Actually call Chip now and get him to agree and then can Mac's ass.
So we know if Chip wants the job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator