Recruiting Florida drops to 31st in recruiting, 11th in SEC

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Once Chip is formally passed over for the Falcons OC job, he'll have no choice but to come back to college if he wants to coach again.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
the-drowning-project2.jpg

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
And it was a HUGE mistake. We can't afford to make that same mistake. Mac is 2-8 vs ranked teams so he's not a very good x's and o's guy. He can't recruit. He's out of his league here. You can't see it?

Giving Muschamp that fourth year screwed us out of James Franklin, and to a lesser extent, Charlie Strong. Then when the time came to get a coach a year later, Foley goes out to Big Lots and Dollar General and bought us back McElwain.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We could fire him... I just don't think we will.. I think he will have an OK year next year...and I think a lot of it depends on how the offense looks, but I would be shocked if we fired a coach who won the division his first two years th efirst time he doesn't win the division.
He's got 4 more years on his contract. He's won back to back SEC east titles. He had a MAJOR road win upset this year. He beat the snot out of the team in the bowl. He did this with almost as many injuries as Muschamp had during 4-8 but he had a hell of a lot LESS talented depth. (I'm not pro or against anyone ... I want this team to get back to the top). I really think the coach will be weighed against Muschamp...not Meyer or Spurrier.

I think he's got 2 more years regardless, unless he "loses" the team. If he starts throwing kegs at frat boys... he could get Zooked.

(If it was left up to me, if he signs a top 15 AND fills the coffers, then he's got next season assuming at the end he's got a top 20 offense. If the signing class is not top 15(ish) and or he doesn't fill the coffers, then I would give him 6 games next year to show me a top 20 offense. If not, I'd fire him mid season (or sooner), make the DC the HC, and hit the major donors up for $$$$ and get the right coach)

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Let's face it fellows. Foley hired a stand up comedian. And he's really not very funny. We are about to have a long year or two or three.
Somebody better buy the new AD a big pair of gonads. He's gonna need them sooner rather than later. It can't be much worse than this.

Lord Kuby

Jan 6, 2017
It would be amazing if Chip Kelly could be hired. Everything would be re-energized. why cant Mac be canned now? Only money stands in the way. make your mark Stricklin

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The main reason we fired WM was our offense was 115th in the country. We are two years down the road and we are still in the same exact spot. If we were 75th or something it might be a little different. He is a joke at best. Anyone seeing something good at this point needs to see a good doctor.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Foley brought in another "tear-us-down" HC with his crew of non-recruiters.
IMO, these "McMay-Day May Day crashes" of having coaches leave while showing total incompetence
at replacing them, much less not upgrading on our failing staff...?
IMHO, this slop forces UF into one of three risky desperate choices =

1) trudge along, with repeat dud HCs, costing our FB-program at least a 10 year stall to prominence.
or
2) stab for luck at hitting the jackpot gamble going with an unproven rising star HC (like PJ Fleck or ??)
or
3) and lastly, most risky = gamble that Mac can transform himself into a Vince Lombardi type HC?

UF's outlook is bleak. And really, is an AD hired from MSU a great find? We need several great maneuvers.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I see we offered 3* S Donovan Stiner a Houston commit who's best offer to date is OK St. This is starting to look like desperation at this point.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's got 4 more years on his contract. He's won back to back SEC east titles. He had a MAJOR road win upset this year. He beat the snot out of the team in the bowl. He did this with almost as many injuries as Muschamp had during 4-8 but he had a hell of a lot LESS talented depth. (I'm not pro or against anyone ... I want this team to get back to the top). I really think the coach will be weighed against Muschamp...not Meyer or Spurrier.

I think he's got 2 more years regardless, unless he "loses" the team. If he starts throwing kegs at frat boys... he could get Zooked.

(If it was left up to me, if he signs a top 15 AND fills the coffers, then he's got next season assuming at the end he's got a top 20 offense. If the signing class is not top 15(ish) and or he doesn't fill the coffers, then I would give him 6 games next year to show me a top 20 offense. If not, I'd fire him mid season (or sooner), make the DC the HC, and hit the major donors up for $$$$ and get the right coach)

If he loses to Michigan that first game every loss after that will generate a ton of noise unless the offense is really kicking butt which I doubt it will play at that level. The noise would be deafening by a 4th loss. I think 5 losses would actually get him canned unless the QB is really a bright spot. Im pretty sure there will be no joke SEC East division win this upcoming year as Georgia is set to move up a lot while our defense will come down a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb