Florida Football: Jim McElwain Press Conference 9/4/2017 - Nuss will continue calling plays

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1va7so.jpg

Simply pathetic. He would not know a quarterback or an offensive coordinator if he tripped over one.

... needs to take a trip for a new OC.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still want Corral!

So do I, but not if it means we have to keep Mac 'n Nuss. I could see maybe keeping Mac one more year to try to keep the class together, and force him to get a new OC, but how many good OCs would want the job knowing the HC is on the hotseat? It's probably best just to clean house and try again, even if that means the new staff has to start from scratch in recruiting. They should try to get guys they want and think fit in their system anyway.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So do I, but not if it means we have to keep Mac 'n Nuss. I could see maybe keeping Mac one more year to try to keep the class together, and force him to get a new OC, but how many good OCs would want the job knowing the HC is on the hotseat? It's probably best just to clean house and try again, even if that means the new staff has to start from scratch in recruiting. They should try to get guys they want and think fit in their system anyway.
Oh, it's just a matter of time. Think about it...have you EVER seen a HC survive being on the hot seat for more than a year or so?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These Corral posts make my head spin. We bought a great car. Now, where are the keys? :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, it's just a matter of time. Think about it...have you EVER seen a HC survive being on the hot seat for more than a year or so?

Well, not exactly, but I've seen one that SHOULD have been on the hot seat sooner than he was. (cough cough losing to Georgia Southern AND Vandy @ home in the same year.)

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I'm not sure where else to say this but we need to do something about these contracts. The idea that you can just pay any loser tons of money and they automatically become urban meyers is fiscally irresponsible.

We keep asking, "well who is out there"? The truth is there aren't many high quality coaches out there. And those high quality coaches that are out there should command high quality paychecks. Locking an unknown commodity into a multi-million dollar contact artificially raises the worth of all other bad coaches and you end up shelling out tons of money for another mediocre coach.

There should be some sort of quality clause or w/l clause before we start backing up loomis-fargo trucks to these guys houses.

This is what gets me. What thought process led to giving these guys raises and extensions? If it's related to winning the East 2 years in a row, then the decision makers (the AD I assume) aren't plugged into the sport.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is what gets me. What thought process led to giving these guys raises and extensions? If it's related to winning the East 2 years in a row, then the decision makers (the AD I assume) aren't plugged into the sport.
I think it's pretty common practice to keep your coordinators on 2 years and HCs 4. I think it's an industry wide thing for recruiting purposes.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the worst part for Mac - even if he wins the next 4 games, the heat will still be on. Beat No.Co? Damn well better blow them out. Beat UT? BFD, you should never lose to Bytch and the chuggers. Beat UK? God forgive you if you don't. Beat Vandy? Just UK part deaux. So unless the next 4 weeks are incredible, blowout, record setting weeks...this shytstorm hangs around like Harvey over Houston, raining down trillions of gallons of sewage.

There is no way the levees can hold until after Oct 7th. No way.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Here is the worst part for Mac - even if he wins the next 4 games, the heat will still be on. Beat No.Co? Damn well better blow them out. Beat UT? BFD, you should never lose to Bytch and the chuggers. Beat UK? God forgive you if you don't. Beat Vandy? Just UK part deaux. So unless the next 4 weeks are incredible, blowout, record setting weeks...this shytstorm hangs around like Harvey over Houston, raining down trillions of gallons of sewage.

Shown pretty convincingly how to lose to UT last year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I understand your point, but I have never cared about final scores b/c they can be misleading. Just look at Saturday. It says UM beat us by 16, should have been 60. Does not change the fact that we looked undisciplined, unintelligent, unprepared, soft, lost, slow, disorganized, etc. Butters has finished first in the SEC East the past 2 years, and you know what I was saying the whole time? It will not last b/c every week win or lose we looked unorganized, unprepared, undisciplined, lost, unable to adapt etc. The process has been awful and over time the process will always win out. Those things will never change and it does not matter where you have come from in your coaching past. If those innate qualities are not there, you will be an average to below average head coach. We all know who the great coaches are and they do not always win every game but they possess certain qualities. It is not always the very best players. There are some very consistent programs that do not make regular appearances in the top 10 recruiting rankings.

cuzg8tor

Aug 10, 2014
I am thinking Mac should ask Spurrier to take over the offense for the rest of the year and hire a new OC at end of the year. Spurrier, I am sure, is familiar with our offensive players and could do a better job than Nuss leading us out of the wilderness.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am thinking Mac should ask Spurrier to take over the offense for the rest of the year and hire a new OC at end of the year. Spurrier, I am sure, is familiar with our offensive players and could do a better job than Nuss leading us out of the wilderness.

If you are forcing your offensive guru to make an OC change in year 3...he probably isn't the guy. He stole a lot of money of UF.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Mac thinks Nuss is fine. It's other things, not Nuss.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
He never provides answers. He simply starts talking about off the wall crap that has no bearing on the subject. I'm not sure if he's trying to avoid the questions or if his mind just wanders as soon as he opens his mouth.
I've watched enough to know it is intentional. Less common, he also will use attack at a reporter that way to distract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.