Founding Member
rule-1-the-internet-never-forgets-11784473.png

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't catch the part where you qualified the statements with "as long as the next two weeks go well". Perhaps I'll read again.

But, honestly, please don't try to spin this around on me. You stated you wanted to Mac to show he could win a big game. I post your words identifying the Lsu game as just that, blatantly contradicting your post in this thread. Also noticed your use of the word "clinching" the East when--correct me if I'm wrong--I believe recently we've decided it was simply "backing in" to Atlanta.

In any event, probably best for you and everyone else to let this one go.
finish-him-gif-4.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't catch the part where you qualified the statements with "as long as the next two weeks go well". Perhaps I'll read again.

But, honestly, please don't try to spin this around on me. You stated you wanted to Mac to show he could win a big game. I post your words identifying the Lsu game as just that, blatantly contradicting your post in this thread. Also noticed your use of the word "clinching" the East when--correct me if I'm wrong--I believe recently we've decided it was simply "backing in" to Atlanta.

In any event, probably best for you and everyone else to let this one go.

So, you're attempting to back me into some corner that if Mac beat LSU then he's Saban reincarnated? GTFO. It was a decent win. Was it some watershed moment? No.

This is a stupid conversation. Some of you need more rainbows, more unicorns and more dolphins.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The pumpers have fully jumped the shark...I'm sitting here giving Mac all the kudos on recruiting and that's not enough. I'm reasonably asking for him to now show us all on the field that he can lead us to an SEC title.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
THis is just the nature of the beast. Only so much can be said, wished for, or imagined in the pre-season. Former gators are talking. Fun stuff and they probably have some insights and info that our resident poopers and pumpers are not privy to. The bar at Fla is as high as it gets. And the time tables at Fla are also that high. Playing in the SEC and having the nulls each year makes it even harder. I hope we all get what we wish for this year and Im assuming it is wins over the nulls and the tide in Atlanta.

Last edited:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
THis is just the nature of the beast. Only so much can be said, wished for, or imagined in the pre-season. Former gators are talking. Fun stuff and they probably have some insights and info that our resident poopers and gloomer are not privy to. The bar at Fla is as high as it gets. And the time tables at Fla are also that high. Playing in the SEC and having the nulls each year makes it even harder. I hope we all get what we wish for this year and Im assuming it is wins over the nulls and the tide in Atlanta.
Bingo....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Shane Matthews hasn't already proclaimed our QBs the next great thing. That hasn't turned out well since Tebow left.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
But the pumpers know everything tho right? ;)
I meant to put both in that comment. My problem is old school. I cheer for my team and bought into the
verse "in all kinds of weather" You had to pre-SOS or you didnt survive. Now that the fan base that only knew SOS and Urban, think its
sunshine and 5*s all the time are having a hard time we get this :beating:. We will get there. We have too many reasons not to.
Gotta have the faith
Faith.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was just giving you a hard time coach. However, I wil say that in all kinds of weather refers to your loyalty to the school, not some hired coach. It doesnt mean you stick your head in the sand and convince yourself that everything is sunshine and unicorns when someone like muschamp is deep sixing the program either. It also doesnt mean that you're fair weather to criticize that stuff.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I was just giving you a hard time coach. However, I wil say that in all kinds of weather refers to your loyalty to the school, not some hired coach. It doesnt mean you stick your head in the sand and convince yourself that everything is sunshine and unicorns when someone like muschamp is deep sixing the program either. It also doesnt mean that you're fair weather to criticize that stuff.
If we didn't care we wouldn't be saying the things we're saying...tough love...and I don't wear my O&B glasses 24/7, I would love to be proven wrong this year about our offensive production, I would love all those who criticize my comments and observation to be absolutely right with all their high hopes and dreams for this season and get a top 5 recruiting class!! I guess I've just been "let down" with some of the decisions by this university and the AD have made since roughly 2010. So forgive my cynicism and dumper comments, PROVE ME WRONG MAC and Co.!!!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Fee Bartley:
Another famous Ephesians quote:
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I just don't get why the pumpers have this need to try and shut down anyone they deem a dumper. They call us names and tell us we're not real fans, etc... They do everything they can to prove you're evil and a terrible person. Y'all are like the anti-Trumpers rioting in the streets because some speaker is in town who's point of view you don't agree with. You both carry this insufferable attitude of superiority and surety that only your point of view is the right one. Not all but many of the pumpers on this site are such Gator Snowflakes, crying every time someone says anything you deem negative. If anything I say hurts your feelings or causes you emotional stress by all means block me. But I will continue to say what I think about the program regardless.

Why can't we just agree there are different points of views on all of this? I would think the past 8 years warrants plenty of sceptisism and caution about Florida football and until things change there will be a lot of negativity.

To me the buzz around the program can be attributed to 1 guy, Matt Corral. Without him would any of the guys that have committed in the past 2 weeks have committed? It's a great get for Mac and this one commit has completely changed the buzz around here AND how Mac is viewed. But Corral hasn't even stepped foot in a UF practice yet and until he does and proves he's worth the hype I'll probably be apprehensive in declaring Mac the savior of our program.

How this season goes (without Corral) also plays a huge role in how I'll view Mac. But so far all he's proven to me is that he's an average recruiter who beats up on a lot of bad football teams. Recruited is currently much better but in reality it's were it should be at Florida. But because Mac has under-acheived until now we should all the sudden think he's some Gator God?

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't get why the pumpers have this need to try and shut down anyone they deem a dumper. They call us names and tell us we're not real fans, etc...
To be fair, there was plenty of this the last few years on the dumper side as well. No side has a monopoly on it. But what can be said is while most dumpers have been much more receptive and readily giving mac credit for what hes actually succeeded in recently, pumpers have gotten more sensational and more angry. I think the general perception may be that there's blood in the water and they are gonna get their fill. That's fine, may even be deserved. Certainly will be if mac ends up being a great coach. But I'll tell ya what, if the offense looks like hot garbage again and this class ends up finishing lower than we are all thinking it will right now, (even ranked only 7 or 8 b/c of how high the bar has recently been reset) its gonna be a bloodbath on here for pumpers.

I've been saying caution and lets see what happens during this fall's games. That class isnt set in stone until after the season occurs. Alot can happen between then and now. I'm hoping we have a great year and sign a monster class in February, but I wouldnt be shocked to look like gargage again on offense and have some top guys who were the catalysts for the "buzz" go looking elsewhere. Sorry everyone, but its still wait and see mode.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I wish the buzz coming from the locker room was a vibrating toothbrush with whitener.

It seems to me Mac's teeth look whiter these days. Maybe he could finally afford whitener with his UF contract.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
@TAG - funny, we view you dumpers the same way.

@Durty - probably one of the more reasonable posts lately.

I think the common pattern of behavior is that each side has 3-5 extremists who go way overboard and then everyone is lumped together. Guilt by association.

I call myself a pumper jokingly, but I just try to maintain some optimism while considering both sides of the argument. However, some of you wouldn't back down from a fight if the other guy had a 1000 rounds of ammo vs your Swiss Army knife. I guess that's my polite was of saying most of you are NUTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator