Florida Gators alumni talk about the buzz around the program

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And therein lies the crux of it. Even when they're giving credit to Mac, they always have to qualify it with a but.
mac and crew have done an oustanding recruiting job thus far for this upcoming cycle. period.

not that this hasn't been said repeatedly by ppl from all camps already...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ive seen chuck state this previously with no qualifier following it... people see what they want to.

You know the main ones who he's talking about that can never give Mac credit without a but thrown in. It's the same ones over and over. Yes, a few have been willing to give him credit for the recruiting lately, but those 3-4 select individuals just can't seem to ever say anything nice about him without adding a jab in there somewhere. You know who they are. We all know who they are. No, it's not everybody.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You can't say "period" and then follow it up with something. Kinda negates saying "period".
the second statement was just making sure you know im calling bs on your faux claim. there's been plenty of praise from mac's recent efforts on this board lately from dumpers. you just choose to focus on the the positions of people that differ from yours.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't mean to offend anyone personally, but I think the entire "dumper/pumper" name calling thing is one of the most juvenile, completely embarrassing things on the board. Not even sure when it actually started, but it's absolutely terrible.

Few if any here are painted by the exact same brush. Yes, there are some who view things a little more positive, regardless of results. And there are some who are constantly harping on the negatives. Nothing wrong with either position, and I'm not sure anyone will ever be proven completely right. I think most here ultimately want the same thing. They just express it differently.

What I do scratch my head at is the moving of the goal posts, completely mischaracterizing certain positives, or just repeating the same inaccurate mantra again and again. That just makes zero sense. As does the "we've had 8 years of this, so I've lost all faith in the guy who's responsible for 1/4 of that time" mindset. I'd love to see the pre-2015 W/L predictions thread, as I'm certain just about anyone here would've been ok with a 10 win season, regardless of how it came.

I'll be the first to say I'm not sure Mac is our long term solution, and I'll be angry at every loss this season, and may be completely off the train if it's a bad year. But I'll credit him for the things he has improved and at least be somewhat hopeful going into the season.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mean to offend anyone personally, but I think the entire "dumper/pumper" name calling thing is one of the most juvenile, completely embarrassing things on the board. Not even sure when it actually started, but it's absolutely terrible.

Few if any here are painted by the exact same brush. Yes, there are some who view things a little more positive, regardless of results. And there are some who are constantly harping on the negatives. Nothing wrong with either position, and I'm not sure anyone will ever be proven completely right. I think most here ultimately want the same thing. They just express it differently.

What I do scratch my head at is the moving of the goal posts, completely mischaracterizing certain positives, or just repeating the same inaccurate mantra again and again. That just makes zero sense. As does the "we've had 8 years of this, so I've lost all faith in the guy who's responsible for 1/4 of that time" mindset. I'd love to see the pre-2015 W/L predictions thread, as I'm certain just about anyone here would've been ok with a 10 win season, regardless of how it came.

I'll be the first to say I'm not sure Mac is our long term solution, and I'll be angry at every loss this season, and may be completely off the train if it's a bad year. But I'll credit him for the things he has improved and at least be somewhat hopeful going into the season.
That'll be just about enough crazy talk mister.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Well said. The voice of reason.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Evidently the buzz is so high only dogs can hear it. Puff pieces only work when we're contenders.
We often evaluate a recruit by their offer list. Do you think you should be concerned about your list of likes on this one?
:grin:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

[GIPHY="standing ovation"]https://media2.giphy.com/media/l3V0wkQ2KKcAeW8Cs/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Call me the next time we aren't the worst or one of the worst offenses in college football.

Then I'll be somewhat hopeful.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Call me the next time we aren't the worst or one of the worst offenses in college football.

Then I'll be somewhat hopeful.

I don't have your phone number.

But again, I'm not telling you to be hopeful. I see some positives, and personally think we have a chance at being solid under Mac. If you disagree, that's fine with me. As for the offense, it needs to improve dramatically, and I fully disagree with the raises that just came out. But I won't pretend that he didn't inherit one of the biggest messes (offensively) that I've ever seen in my life. Nor will I chalk all his accomplishments up to the East being bad. Believe it or not, you can have balance and be reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator