Florida Gators alumni talk about the buzz around the program

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Another famous Ephesians quote:
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 2 was what I opened to and read the first time God spoke to me through the written Word. Hit me like a wrecking ball. Nothing I could do but fall on my face and cry.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I just don't get why the pumpers have this need to try and shut down anyone they deem a dumper. They call us names and tell us we're not real fans, etc... They do everything they can to prove you're evil and a terrible person. Y'all are like the anti-Trumpers rioting in the streets because some speaker is in town who's point of view you don't agree with. You both carry this insufferable attitude of superiority and surety that only your point of view is the right one. Not all but many of the pumpers on this site are such Gator Snowflakes, crying every time someone says anything you deem negative. If anything I say hurts your feelings or causes you emotional stress by all means block me. But I will continue to say what I think about the program regardless.

Why can't we just agree there are different points of views on all of this? I would think the past 8 years warrants plenty of sceptisism and caution about Florida football and until things change there will be a lot of negativity.

To me the buzz around the program can be attributed to 1 guy, Matt Corral. Without him would any of the guys that have committed in the past 2 weeks have committed? It's a great get for Mac and this one commit has completely changed the buzz around here AND how Mac is viewed. But Corral hasn't even stepped foot in a UF practice yet and until he does and proves he's worth the hype I'll probably be apprehensive in declaring Mac the savior of our program.

How this season goes (without Corral) also plays a huge role in how I'll view Mac. But so far all he's proven to me is that he's an average recruiter who beats up on a lot of bad football teams. Recruited is currently much better but in reality it's were it should be at Florida. But because Mac has under-acheived untile dump now we should all the sudden think he's some Gator God?

I interpret it a little differently. I see the "pumper" more aligned with the administration and wanting to move forward and "dumper" bitching and moaning and wanting impeachment and regime change.

But before this devolves into some kind of political firefight let me get on the record and state that I'm mostly for the Marine Generals who are providing stability and leadership (Kelly, Mattis, Dunsford). All extraordinary, tested, straightshooters.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mean to offend anyone personally, but I think the entire "dumper/pumper" name calling thing is one of the most juvenile, completely embarrassing things on the board. Not even sure when it actually started, but it's absolutely terrible.

Few if any here are painted by the exact same brush. Yes, there are some who view things a little more positive, regardless of results. And there are some who are constantly harping on the negatives. Nothing wrong with either position, and I'm not sure anyone will ever be proven completely right. I think most here ultimately want the same thing. They just express it differently.

What I do scratch my head at is the moving of the goal posts, completely mischaracterizing certain positives, or just repeating the same inaccurate mantra again and again. That just makes zero sense. As does the "we've had 8 years of this, so I've lost all faith in the guy who's responsible for 1/4 of that time" mindset. I'd love to see the pre-2015 W/L predictions thread, as I'm certain just about anyone here would've been ok with a 10 win season, regardless of how it came.

I'll be the first to say I'm not sure Mac is our long term solution, and I'll be angry at every loss this season, and may be completely off the train if it's a bad year. But I'll credit him for the things he has improved and at least be somewhat hopeful going into the season.

Pumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.